1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Kombi Club Annual Bus Stop 2009 - The Details

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2009' started by melissa, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

Enjoy Yourselves Everybody

Hope everyone has a really great time at Bonnie Hills. Spare a moments thought for those of us who have to work over the break.:( Oh well; someone has to do it to keep the economy going. :) So enjoy yourselves & will someone please have a couple(?) of drinks for me.:D

2. Archeress

Archeress Guest

i shall ensure don that we shall toast all the members that cannot be there...it will happen.

3. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

Thank you Kel.
    See you at Mardigrass.:)

4. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Best wishes to all those who couldn't make it this time - hopefully, I'll meet you at a future event, somewhere.... :)

5. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

@ the Saturday night hawaiian\Trivia night:
    Could everyone bring a pen
    & kids bring your colouring pencils as we are going to have a colourng competion
    Judy

6. Hubert

Hubert Member

Whats the go with food on Saturday night is there a BBQ @ the venue?

7. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Safe travels and good times to all attending the Bus Stop 2009.....looking forward to the pics.
    Steve.

8. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

The surf club does have a kitchen but I think most people will eat at the park before walking over to the surf club. I was thinking that we could talking nibbles and have them on the tables too.

9. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Was thinking the same thing Mel...everyone bring a plate of nibbles & we can share :)
    Judy

10. oldmancrew

oldmancrew Member

Have a good one all ........too far for us this year.

Greg

11. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Hope to see you at the next one Greg. :)

I have made up a bit of an itinerary - I have printed them so you can get one at the park on check in but for those not staying at the park or just visiting here is an idea-

Friday afternoon will just be settling in and setting up - Friday night will be gathering together near the camp kitchen/BBQ area, with musical instruments optional, but smiles and laughs non-optional I would say we will end up over on the beach as most parks don’t like noise after 10pm.

Saturday morning – 10.30am
    In the camp kitchen/BBQ area there will be a Mars Bar Slice and cheesecake slice demonstration if anyone is interested – takes about 20 minutes.

Saturday afternoon will be the mini golf tournament

Saturday night will be our Hawaiian night at the Surf Club from 6.00PM. Take a plate of nibbles for your table and a pen for trivia – don’t forget your Hawaiian shirts etc..

Sunday morning will be an Easter egg hunt for the kids.

Sunday (not sure if it will be before lunch or after lunch just yet) will be our cruise.

Sunday night will be a get together the same as Friday night.

Does that help? Its not structured that you must do everything together. Very casual and relaxing. Alpal as the Race Master can decide on when the model races will be held - after inspection of the facilities of course!

12. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Alright all you Bust Stop attendees.

I hope you all have an awesome time (pretty much a given, I think!).

Someone have a drink or two on our behalf.

Wish you all safe travels to the event, and home again, and here's hoping every Kombi that leaves home, returns home without any mechanical or other issues.

Be great to catch up with most of you at Old Bar in October.

Cheers..:heart:

13. Lumpybus

Lumpybus Member

i'm bringing a frisbee, let the good times roll!

14. Sheriff

Sheriff Active Member

I can say from experience that if it is half as good as last year in Eden, everyone will have a great time!
    I wish we were going but sooo much has got in the way this year and it is just a tad too far with limited time off!
    Safe travels to all!
    Rich

15. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

Rich, it's not going to be the same without you being my 'manager'. I'll do my best to uphold the musical end of the deal at Bonny Hills. Although, something tells me there are a few more musos going this year than last...

16. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

I'll have that drink for you! My pleasure.

17. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Well we're off to a good start, thought we'd bring Molly up to the house block so we could pack her and plug the fridge in overnight. Andy who has been away at work untill late last night trys to back her onto the grass as he normally does before each trip forgetting that we have had 14 days of rain and yes Molly gets well and truly bogged :eek:
    Thankfully our 'support vehicle' the Nissan Patrol easily pulls her back onto the flooded driveway.

18. Archeress

Archeress Guest

slight change in convoy plans......rocky and bonnibelle shall be joining little debbie at the springwood turnoff...the 3 busses shall then head to reedy creek....

19. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

Wrong thread, Kelly. But, that's cool. I'm not holding anything against you! :p

And see Lorraine, the Nissan does come in handy occasionally...

20. Archeress

Archeress Guest

you won....122 to 95