1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Kombi Club Annual Bus Stop 2009 - The Details

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2009' started by melissa, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Archeress

Archeress Guest

4 ? i can do 4 hours in my sleep....oh hang on..i think i did a couple times..haha

2. Royce

Royce Active Member

So that's what happened at Byron Bay then Kel?

3. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

4. Archeress

Archeress Guest

Exactly...i think that was the stretch i dozed off on.....and melissa ,the owner of the park says it usually rains at easter there..

5. juzbee

juzbee Member

Canopy, Rag Top, whatever you want to call it ... getting a new one :) very excited :D

I will write very small as to not highjack this thread but Jay your nearly at guru status...oooooh will it happen tonight??:cool:

6. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

I don't have to look at the weather for Easter as Byron always rains at Easter for the Blues Festival..
    I always used to tell guests that booked into the hotel going to the Blues Festival to go buy some wellies/rubberboots & a umbrella as your going to need it......they would laugh at me then....later I would see them have both in their room :lol:
    Judy

7. greenbay

greenbay New Member

not tonight juz,after bonny hills i think.

8. juzbee

juzbee Member

Well of course not Jay that would be rediculous..:wtf:
    My dyslexic eye read 997 posts not 957.. but it could be done tonight:rolleyes:

9. greenbay

greenbay New Member

i could talk about my 43 years experience with farts and all the associated stories,that would take me way past the big 1000

10. juzbee

juzbee Member

Oh Jay.. Fart stories will suit jonno's thread... you must tell all!!! Isnt that how Jonno got to his Guru status???

11. melissa

Well maybe this year will be the different year! Last year it rained on the mid coast for Easter but it did not rain down at Eden - although remember the storm that followed us all the way back up the coast??? It was a shocker - kept looking in the rear vision mirror watching this huge big black cloud bank and flash of lightning following us.

12. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

At least you managed to stay in front of that cloud Melissa...

Let me just say it was rather wet underneath it! Especially when trying to set the points gap of a distributor that was about to start giving me grief for the trip...

13. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

I (& others) remember the rain well coming back from Eden...especially at a pie shop with Julians kombi being worked on under a pie shop awning :lol:
    Judy

14. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Bit long winded but scanned from Royal Auto. Road inland from Port Macquarie.

30 DEC 2008/JAN 2009 ROYAL AUTO

Just for a change
    If it’s variety you’re after, one of northern
    NSW’s best drives has it in droves

No road can claim to have it all, but for my money the Oxley Hwy in northern NSW makes a good stab at it. The Oxley winds from Port Macquarie west to Tamworth and beyond; you only need to take the 170km stretch between Wauchope and Waicha to know what I mean. You see the country change from lush green coastal valleys to dense subtropical rainforest on the Great Dividing Range, plus the granite hills and gorges of New England.
    The temperature can also fall by 15 degrees, especially in winter when the New England Tableland, at 1000-plus metres, regularly receives snow.
    Although the Oxley proper starts in Port Macquarie, we’ll begin at Wauchope, 20km inland. Wauchope’s main attraction is Timbertown, a historically accurate re-creation of an 1880s north coast pioneer village. You can easily spend a few hours enjoying the steam train and wagon rides, bullock team demonstrations, a working steam-powered sawmill and the famous Timbertown pies.
    Leaving Wauchope, you head west along the Hastings River valley, passing through the villages of Long Flat and Ellenborough, before starting the steep climb into the Great Divide.
    At the top, you will sometimes find yourself literally in the clouds as the road winds its way through the tall, deep forests of Cottan-Bimbang National Park.
    It’s pretty slow going, with very few straights and 35km/h bends that come in
    multiples of 10 or more, so if you’re in the right car — or on a motorcycle — you’ll enjoy yourself immensely.
    Take care, though, because the road surface can often be damp, and it’s a road
    that does not forgive mistakes.
    About 20km into the forest is a picnic area at Stockyard Creek. However, if you’re not the oxley hwy carrying supplies the famous Gingers Creek roadhouse is only a couple of kilometres further on, The deck out the back is a beautiful spot for lunch.
    West of Gingers Creek, the tight curves begin to open up a little, and after another 20km or so you emerge from the forest onto the prime grazing country of the Tableland.
    The driving is much easier from here to Walcha, and if you have time it’s worth taking one or two short detours to see the magnificent granite gorges and waterfalls for which New England is famous.
    In the Tia River valley, 37km east of Walcha, you’ll see a right turn signposted Tia Falls 7’. This is an easy dirt road that takes you to a pretty camping area in Oxley Wild Rivers National Park. There are walking tracks around the edge of the gorge, plus free barbecues and toilets. Chances are you’ll have the place to yourself if you decide to stay the night.
    Apsley Falls, 19km east of Walcha, is a dramatic sight after rain, and platforms on the side of the gorge give an amazing view.
    The falls are only a kilometre off the highway, via a sealed access road, and as at Tia Falls there’s a camping area — in this case suitable for caravans — with facilities, and walks around the rim of the gorge itself.
    Walcha is 15 minutes from Apsley Falls, and from here you can continue west towards Bendemeer and country music capital Tamworth on the New England H~i, or
    northwest to join the same route at Uralla and then on to Armidale. Bill McKinnon

Want more?
    Length. 170km
    Road Conditions. Fully sealed
    Info: Port Macquarie Visitor Centre
    1300 303 155 or Visit www.portmacquarieinfo.com.au
    Waloha Visitor Centre (02) 6774 2460 or www.walchansw.com.au
    National parks environment.nsw.gov.au/nationalparks

15. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

I will be at Bonny Hills on the 6th of April, just so I can get some P&Q before you lot show up.

Cant bloody wait mind you :)

16. Hippy-71

Hippy-71 New Member

Mind you Jonno it may take you a week to set up your Taj Mahal.......:p

....and if you get good surf before we arrive then it turns to s#*t we'll be putting up a big fence...neighbour !

We too can't wait hey....:D

17. melissa

Saturday Night Details

Some of the details for our Hawaiian Night-

We have secured the Surf Club for Saturday Night. BYO alcohol and food. Up to you if you want to eat dinner before going to the club (probably easier) but we can take nibblies etc. They do have a kitchen there with basic facilities. So remember to get your Hawaiian shirts, grass skirts, leis etc ready and packed! We will be having some trivia and quizzes provided by my lovely helpers behind the scenes. Our curfew is about 12.00, so thats not too bad.

Roy at The Bus Stop has graciously agreed to pay the hire of the Surf Club so thank you so much Roy - we really appreciate your valuable support of our annual event.

I am informed that it is not accessable by wheelchairs as it is upstairs - does this affect anyone?

18. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Probably the Alchohol affected on the way out!
    But we will help!
    Thanks Roy again!

19. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

I'll assist too... at the start of the night... and get Alpal to assist me at the end.... ;)

Not long now! :eek: .... I can't wait until we leave! :)

20. Archeress

Archeress Guest

You mean we cant take our kombis up there?