1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Money Pit......

Discussion in 'New Members' started by spark, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Michael, look forward to seeing you around sometime soon, very nice truck!!
    Cheers
    Geoff

2. Callum Andrews

Callum Andrews Active Member

Unreal mate! Keep us posted on the progress.

3. onetrackwonder

onetrackwonder Well-Known Member

Great story Michael, hope that it doesn't take you too long to get things sorted and you can get out and enjoy it, is the green a factory colour as I don't remember ever seeing one that colour, cheers Greg

4. spark

spark Active Member

It is a factory colour ,in twin cabs their were four greens in Aus one 2wd and three Syncros the 2wd was muller and mullers and they fitted the WBX flat six motor, I only know of one other around in QLD atm
    I may be wrong as my resources were given to me many years ago when I first saw a green one.
    It would be great if there was a register to find out how many utes and there are still around as they don't seem to come around much.
    Last week there was a single cab Syncro for sale.

onetrackwonder likes this.
  5. spark

spark Active Member

A bit of an update on the Money Pit
    Well Its Been a while the progress is moving a bit slower then I like yet today I went for a good drive just to make me feel better about the project.
    I have found the quality of tradesman these days not up to my standards , I could go on yet I don't like to talk people and companies down, Found O/S suppliers far more accommodating then Aussie suppliers a real shame.
    Work to date.
    New head gaskets ,engine mountes ,hi torque starter, all new cvs ,wheel bearings ,bushings, shocks, ball joints and tie rods.
    Fitted, Power steering , Repaired A/C, New trim, Magnaflow exhaust, ecu chip , power mirrors , big shot shifter, head light upgrade , wheels recond ,new tyres.

Wayne murray and Luckyphil like this.
  6. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

The VVDS one?

Did you put or thinking of putting 1.4 ratio rockers on?

I have done this mid to my T3 and very happy with results.

7. spark

spark Active Member

Sorry I haven't added the photos yet.
    IMG_1473.jpg IMG_1474.jpg IMG_1475.jpg

8. spark

spark Active Member

Barry I don't know yet I have Big valve heads and mod cam and the bus pulls hard now any more grunt may be just spending money for something I don't need.

9. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

Those door cards look nice

10. spark

spark Active Member

Thanks Barry the Chip came from Boris and the doors and card were done by someone recommended by Phil, The trim was not what I asked for yet the price was right, I think he smokes too much. He did the seats in leather and the door cards in vinyl.
    As for the rockers I may look at that down the track with the manispeed set up that is still in development as I have Marco,s Injectors and his quality seems good.

11. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

I have some injectors coming my way as well

9671D93C-A1D7-4179-A62B-A5A6FC6A01D4.jpeg

Syncro27 likes this.