1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Nationals - NSW

Discussion in 'NSW' started by melissa, May 22, 2011.

1. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Fantastic day today for our run down to the Nationals. Nice number for a convoy - dreadful delay getting into the gate if you entered - we got there about 9.30am and I actually got through the judging and parked up at 11.20am!! - and there were plenty of you still behind me. There has to be a better system - I can understand judging as you drive in, but it took so long. Good to see a lot of faces I had not seen since last year and to meet a few new ones on the forum.

The "pub" has not changed and KombiMadness (Markus) boys were up to the challenge of counting the TV's - I think they got to 124 - even finding the TV that was planking face down under the desk!

Thanks to John (KombiCapers) for my special surprise he left on my front seat - a Coke frisbee! That was a lovely thought. :heart:

I lashed out today and had the whitewall stripes painted on my tyres on Little Red - I couldnt decide do I get a white stripe or a red stripe - so I got both the red and white together. Photos will follow later.

Did anyone from KC win any categories?

Sorry I could not hang around and say goodbye to everyone - I had a very sad phone call when I was down there and we have had a death in the family. Just needed to get back to Newcastle as soon as I could. :cry:

2. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

Yes, likewise a good day. Good to meet up with everyone have a chat and look at some dubs, although there is not much to do once you see the VWs and had a chat. we ended up leaving pretty early.

Hope you are okay Melissa. Thanks for the slice.

Kai and Moe.

3. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

Hope they last better than the ones Lorraine had done on Monty year before last.

4. spearsy

spearsy Active Member

No one from the KC won.Was great to meet up with new and old faces,stayed and watched the engine blow(13 mins),and also saw the 10 sec drag car fire up(love to have that motor).See you all again.cheers Adam
    P.S. tryes looked the goods Melissa,saw them doing the last one.

5. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

I'm sure yours will last a lot longer than mine. Mine were put through an extreme workout, that was the weekend of the huge floods up here, getting home was a nightmare water over the road in many places and potholes from hell. With the city driving you do they will last.:)

More importantly, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, hope you are OK.:heart:

6. Duude

Duude Member

Some one get some pics up please I would but don't no how too

7. Kombi Kapers

Kombi Kapers Active Member

Had a great time today, caught up with some of the gang at the "pub" and met some new Kombiers. Lots of very interesting VW machinery, its amazing all the different ideas people have for their vehicles and they're all interesting in their own way whether super stock or modified. No photos this year because my battery went flat -so please all get your pics up. (Geoff?

Cheers,...John

8. KombiMadness

KombiMadness Well-Known Member

Yes a good day and nice to meet some other KC'er's. Melissa, thanks for the Mars bar slices.

Love looking at Vee Dubs :heart: - from Herbie the california movie star, dune/beach buggies, beetle racers and of course Kombis, Kombis and more Kombis. Fat ones, thin ones, bling ones and rat ones. Love 'em all...

With 3 little pigs tagging along, thank goodness for 124 TV's to count and free rides!

9. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Was a top weekend, good to meet up with you all in "that Pub" think it was still unchanged from last year including the beer supply.

Have a few photos more from the racing on Saturday, didn't get many today as there was too many people around... (not a bad thing just had to take a good shot)

Just waiting for Photo Bucket.

Was definitely inspired today, got home and had another crack at getting my bus to start and run again... with no luck :cry:
    looks like its going to be "planking" in the back yard for a few more days yet....:eek: Fingers crossed its right before Blast from the past (mk2)

Melissa hope your okay. My condolences.

10. geoff62sw

geoff62sw Member

Sum Picies of VW Nationals 2011

Hi All
    A Great day had by those who were there
    Here sum Picies........
    See John s
    See Pooli's Bombi
    Kia's Dad with " Peachy "
    and Ruby's Bar complete with Keg........

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. geoff62sw

geoff62sw Member

sum more of the Nationals 2011

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2011
  12. geoff62sw

geoff62sw Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. geoff62sw

geoff62sw Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. pygmydragon

pygmydragon New Member

Here are some of my shots from the day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

16. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

heres a few from Sat and Sun

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

18. spearsy

spearsy Active Member

sorry syncro,missed that one.great looking bus by the way,congratulations.cheers Adam

19. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

20. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member