1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Nationals - NSW

Discussion in 'NSW' started by melissa, May 22, 2011.

1. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

2. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

3. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

4. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 22, 2011
  5. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

It was a fantastic day - my kids and their parents had a ball.

Congratulations to Phill Lander (syncro) for winning the T3 All category in his showroom condition mid blue T3 syncro and to Mark (another kombi club member Syncro 91) for coming second in his ultra factory optioned T3 caravelle syncro with factory air, power windows and mirrors, separate rear heater, headlight washers etc etc.

The factory bay window category seemed a bit rigged towards club VW Sydney staff (father & son winning) even though the winner wasnt factory biut the rest seemed fair although the PA system was bad and I couldnt hear all the winners.

The engine blow was a fizzer with the engine running out of petrol and not exploding as planned. Its hard to kill a VW motor even without oil.

Great weather and great to catch up. Glad I missed the pub as that pub is depressing to say the least but caught up with most KC 's around the cars.

Cheers,

6. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

Know what you mean. What about next year, eskys and camping chairs near where the band was playing?

7. evsky

evsky Member

Had a great day but next year eskys for evsky sounds like a great idea kai:p Pub was weird kind of claustrophobic. Cheers for the slice Mel might whip up a batch this week. Iv got some pics that i will load up tomorrow. But why don't they have a non judged entrant area. It would have saved the massive line ups and saved my legs from walking around the car park I don't get it its a big car park wouldn't be hard to herd all the vw's together it was very much an in or out type of thing if you know what i mean.

8. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Sounds like a plan Kai.

9. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

10. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Love the Esky and deck chair idea. Could even bring a small BBq or two Anyone got one of those big oztrail gazebo things, we could chuck a KC banner up and make a real day of it.

11. groover

groover New Member

Yeh we parked out in the car park, was there for about 3 hrs all up, spoke to Ian and Dave both doing the swap section, heaps of good Kombi's there but also alot of great Kombi's out in the car park, we done some laps of the parking area before heading off.

12. Sunset Garage

Sunset Garage Active Member

Car park was full of good VW's

13. ian.mezz

ian.mezz New Member

14. ian.mezz

ian.mezz New Member

[​IMG]

shit the Squirrel got out, now how am I going to get home :lol: :lol:

[​IMG]

15. ian.mezz

ian.mezz New Member

rose and the nude bug

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. ian.mezz

ian.mezz New Member

rose and the race bug at Goulburn

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

That red Bug was one of my Favs from the day....and secretly Steve Mullers Golf:eek:

18. smithie

smithie Member

looks and sound like you all had a ball, l wont miss next years!!

19. ian.mezz

ian.mezz New Member

20. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

Was wondering if anyone knew the results for the split screen kombi judging. Can't find anything posted anywhere (including Club VW site)

cheers