1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The new Busnbug 69 Lowlight work ute.

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by 65busser, Nov 5, 2013.

1. 65busser

65busser Member

Few pics of the new/old Busnbug workshop ute. 69 painted dash, Splitty tail lights. Hasn't been out in the big wide world for a long time. Absolutely complete and dry as. Jase in Bendigo dragged it home and did the beam, height, mechanicals and good scrub and just happened to have a set of near new Speed Masters for it that I was about to buy new.
    Brakes are done, electrics are as they were, in fact all the original fuses were still in place. Everything works. Windows wind up and down nicely. It does everything as intended.
    I've only had it a few weeks and wanted to get it to the Day of so Ankor Waxed the whole exterior including gates and tray, all the corners in the cabin, the bottoms of the doors etc, full Dynamat in the cabin, except the floor. Doesn't need the floor done it's so quiet all you can hear is the noise of the Nankangs. Might have to do the floor.
    New headliner, visors, restored mirror, new seat pads, covers and door cards and hardware. New pedestal mats and German Square Weave where the spare used to sit under the seats. Nice storage area.
    Did the door seals. Took a whole day to completely remove the old front door rubbers but worth it because the new German seals went in so well the thing is airtight to the point where a window needs to be down a bit to shut the door despite the flesh wound on the passenger door. Doors close flush.
    More pics to put up but here's a few for now. The two shots at the Day of were taken by someone else. Hope I'm not infringing but they're the best pics I've seen of it. Thanks.

Signage by Warb.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 65busser

65busser Member

3. 65busser

65busser Member

4. 65busser

65busser Member

Whipped up a Tonneau for it over the weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Splash Pitman likes this.
  5. 65busser

65busser Member

How insects see it.

[​IMG]

6. starkz

starkz Member

Love the tonneau brad, is this something you will be selling or happy to make for a customer

Rory

7. Aspro

Aspro Well-Known Member

Love this SC. Watched Jase's build thread closely. Not too many of these things left in that condition.

Have you been able to register it yet with the suspension mods?

Glad to see it's gone to a great home Brad. Look after it.

Noticed he never got around to fixing the treasure chest lock. Straps look good anyway.

8. 65busser

65busser Member

Happy to make them to order Rory.

9. 65busser

65busser Member

Ta mate.

On Club Reg now.

That treasure chest lock is a one year only I believe, so not many to be found here. Find one in the US possibly but I've always wanted to do bonnet straps and I needed to stop the door swinging in the breeze so as much as I don't like digging holes in old volkswagens, it has a few holes here and there so I turned a blind eye. Used pieces of genuine VW kick strips cut to size to make up the ends which I hoped might make up for drilling holes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  10. andrewjdriscoll

andrewjdriscoll Active Member

Nice ride Brad! Looks the goods.

AJD

11. 65busser

65busser Member

Thanks Andrew. It's such a good honest old thing.

[​IMG]

12. kombikate

kombikate Member

G'day brad , I think I just found it's older brother - 72' nice patina and I have the same stance in mind for it! Plenty of rust, but price relative. What color is this again? I just can't think of the name of it. Cheers Shaun

Attached Files:

13. 65busser

65busser Member

Wow. Nice thing. The Ute's 'Ascot Green' but I reckon that one's a different colour. Never can tell from a pic but….

14. kombikate

kombikate Member

Thanks Brad, I was thinking it's slightly different, also being 3 years older, they probably changed the color . Lowlights market certainly picking up though, cost effective and easy to restore , with an effective result, like you have just produced!

15. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Beautiful Brad, just beautiful.

16. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Love it.:)

17. MrBubbleHead

MrBubbleHead Member

Nice bus Brad love the colour too :)

18. blk56

blk56 Member

Love the ute . Can you make a Tonneau for a T3 dual cab ?

19. vassy69SC

vassy69SC Active Member

Very very cool!!!
    Where did you source the square (rectangular) eyelets for the tonneau??
    I am having my canopy re-manufactured and the place I used to get them from in Brisbane has shut down.

20. 65busser

65busser Member

Been looking at my T3 Single and working out how to go about it, so yeah T3 Double Cab is doable.

Can't remember where I got the eyelets from. Bought them years ago when I was planning a canopy for my splitty ute. I need more so I'll let you know when I find them.