1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the you beaut ute

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by Royce, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Royce

Royce Active Member

Sdaly, we surcumbed to yet another kombi and picked up a 73 single cab from Carl and Juz today. Looking at it, it is in good nic for its age and treatment, with minimal rust in the floors, treasure chest and tray. Some rot in the sills, steps, and lower section of one long gate, a little work here and there and a new treasure chest lid will get it sorted. Minor work in the cabin and some fresh paint and a motor will see is through. None of it is a priority until the other projects are sorted but will start to chase parts and see what we can accumulate before we start.

Anyway, here are some pics...

Royce

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

No doesn't seem to be in your VW dialogue.
    Have fun wuth the new toy.

3. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

They need something to carry the receipts for the other ones :s

4. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Who's that gorgeous little fella helping push it on?!?

Crikey - I told Reece and he said "don't they have one of everything yet?" to which I told him that we had one of yours, but you still needed a DC to round out the collection nicely. :D

5. Necro

Necro Active Member

Oooh yeah...can't wait to see what happens with this one...nice ute Royce...:D

6. Royce

Royce Active Member

So the ute has been christened Bobba (not Jabba as originally planned) and will be army green in matt, with brick red interior with black floor and dash...simple tidy up, not a full resto by any measure but he will be road worthy and rust free. Nice set of merc wheels to finish it off and we will be set. little while off yet, but will start collecting metal and bits and bobs in preparation. Desperatey need a treaure chest door if anyone has one lying around...:)

Royce

7. Volksy85

Volksy85 Member

too good!

late bay single cabs are ACE

8. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Great score, I have been waiting for this to arrive, I bet Andrew was thrilled :D I have a real soft spot for SC Utes.

Brings back memories of when we picked up Monty, how I would have loved for him to still have his original gates.

Looking forward to seeing what you guys will do with Bubba.:)

9. Royce

Royce Active Member

Now i have something to carry my vespa around in. Cant imagine riding her up on the back tray though. would scare the crap out of me! heheheh

10. T1 Terry

T1 Terry Well-Known Member

If you still need a treasure chest lid and it's the same as a kombi one I think there were a few at pick a part in Dapto when I was there last. If anyone's heading out that way maybe they could grab one for you.

T1 Terry