1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There's a new trimmer in Town

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Necro, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Necro

Necro Active Member

Hey everybody,

After three years of working in the trade and completing a Motor Trimmers Apprenticeship, I have decided to start my own business. It will be called Volkstrim, after the original meaning of Volkswagen. My objective is to be the Peoples Trimmer.

Offering an affordable, high quality trimming service for people with passion, people who love their buses, people who love campers, people who love volkswagens and people with a budget. So if you have got a quote before elsewhere and couldn't afford it. Try again, I'll sort you out.

I have restored my carport and studio so I can have customers buses visit, I can even replace pop top sleeves under cover...it is a great workspace.

[​IMG]

My opening special is pop top canvas sleeves for $400 and a fitting service for $400. That's a mozzie free, stylish camping season that doesn't break the bank. Book it in and I will make the sleeve, drop off in the morning, pick up that night, or I can deliver by post to anywhere.

[​IMG]

I have worked on vw's from all around Australia and sent wheelcovers around the world, so the chances are you have seen some of my work. Now, you can come direct to me at Volkstrim.

Since I have low overheads, lower overheads = lower prices = happy customers.

Full custom or full resto, no job to big or too small, I can help you out at very affordable rates.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  2. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

I have been a happy customer and admirer for the past few years and recommend anyone in the market for top quality work and attention to detail to consider Volkstrim.

Adrian

3. Aspro

Aspro Well-Known Member

Best of luck to you Dave. I can see a lot of success for you in the future. :D

4. lakepipes

lakepipes Member

where can we find you Dave?

5. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Congrats.Dave....nothing like self employment !! ( Looking forward to my spare wheel cover....hint hint :p )
    Cheers,
    mark

6. john doherty

john doherty Well-Known Member

So absolutely delighted at your changed circumstances....my favourite clown.The timing is perfect.....I was agonizing who to sort out my ongoing masterpiece ...such is my delusion of Kombi grandeur. Did not know who......then along comes someone who you just know is so trustworthy. Coming over in the new year....hopefully to be ready for Griffith. Will be in touch .Have already sorted the pop top via your incredible range of samples.
    JD in Adelaide:cool:

7. 1500king

1500king Well-Known Member

Looks pretty good to me Dave! I can see the passion in your work, that is enough for me! I know where I'm goin' for pop top work! :)

8. Chidori

Chidori Active Member

Saw a lot of your work at lorne and Geelong on the weekend. Looked great!
    Might get a quote off you down the track for my squareback... Rather than get pre made overseas stuff.

9. Steve_D

Steve_D Member

I had Dave reupholster the seats and all new cards in the SynByn 18 months ago. Absolutely fantastic work and a great guy too boot.

10. Necro

Necro Active Member

Hey mark,
    I have worked on the artwork to make it possible to sew, it's a challenge as the drawing is so shaded, but going to start it soon. :)

11. Necro

Necro Active Member

12. Necro

Necro Active Member

Everyone else, thanks for your encouragement and support, JD I can't wait to do yours, I will get some burgundy leather samples for you...:) Chidori, that would be so cool to do a custom square back...:) 1500king, I'd love to. Steve, thanks so much for the beer and the chat Friday night, don't forget I invited you over for a beer...thanks guys...:)

13. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Awesome Dave !! it'll be the icing on the cake.
    Cheers,
    Mark

14. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Our resident Clown, congratulations on your achievement of Motor Trimmer and as all of us know you are not afraid to show your ability to create and sew - jealous are many of us - many of us wish we had your skills - all of us wish you the best.

Well done Dave :cool:

15. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Fantastic move Dave, you are way to talented to not be your own boss. Have fun. I bet River is going to enjoy having Dad around more.

16. Necro

Necro Active Member

He comes home and wants to check out the studio being all excited and saying "What did you make today Dad?" I show him and he goes, Wow that's beautiful....he is my own cheer squad, it's better for him already....Thanks Lorraine you have encouraged me since day one, all those years ago...I get time to be on KC more now too, which I am really looking forward to too... You too Bert, I think you signed on the day after Lorraine :)

17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

For any prospective clients, Clownboys work is exceptional, great eye for detail and honest as the day is long .............
    Now just need another Kombi to do up

18. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Best wishes for the Volkstrim adventure Herr Necro.
    For us less talented people, if you need work done NOW is the time to support this new VW enterprise.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  19. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

All the best with venture forward young man.

Dave fitted my steering wheel cover at Lorne last weekend.

[​IMG]

20. xerxes

xerxes Member

Not that you need luck your work is stunning but good luck anyway - i have a beetle seat awaiting a quote and remind me to look at that poptop canvas you have -
    You so deserve this Dave :)
    Wend x