1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thombie resto - Adelaide

Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by Just Corey, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Just Corey

Just Corey New Member

Hey grapeape
    O cool, sounds like a very similar set up. Don't tell me your lowlight is a 71?

did you actually go have a look when he was selling it?
    Thought I got in pretty quick ;)

I live pretty close, I'm down at coro, not far from winns rd. I'll have to drop round, be keen to have a chat and I like the idea of saving on postage with orders. I've always got something small I want to grab :D

2. Just Corey

Just Corey New Member

Haha, well spotted Kai, I didn't notice until you pointed that out. I can't rate the parcel shelf enough. so handy and now with free lense flare ;)

Hey Chris, yeah I had to take the seats out. I took the middle seat out of the back but just to give my fat arse a bit more room. It wasn't hard at all, if I can do it then anyone can. Tho I did almost glue my fingers together

I basically cleaned off all the old bits of caked on rubber and glue, then put contact glue on everything, let it set and then whacked it down. I was a bit worried because you don't really want the wrong bits touching each other as the glue locks hold pretty quick.

3. pyoties bro

pyoties bro Member

did u do the paint job ur self? how many couats of clear r on thombie? it looking mighty clean and shiny!
    nice work!!!looks sweet!

4. old skool

old skool New Member

gday mate (Vespa76)
    Now Thombi is looking so good,
    I know o a 63 split looking for some tender loving care:)

Leigh.

5. Just Corey

Just Corey New Member

Glad you like it, but no, sorry, I didnt paint it myself. I'd love to do my lowlight myself tho, seeing as I have all the time in the world with that one.

6. Just Corey

Just Corey New Member

Hey Leigh, I'd come up just to SEE the split, willing to lend a hand and sink a drink on your Bay project too.

7. tanyarose

tanyarose New Member

looks awsome awsome awsome so hope to see you guys out and about one day first lesson in my girl tomorrow manual heheheh sounds silly but these roads around here can be a little busy hehe have you put your seats back in yet middle and back ones would love a photo of interior and also who did all your body work .Well done again
    Tanyarose

Eternity 69 Low light

8. Just Corey

Just Corey New Member

Hi Tanya

I was down your way on the weekend. Didn't see 1 kombi the whole day tho.

Yeah, I put the seat back straight away. Once you work out how to take the middle seat out its a 2min job to pull out and put back in. My child seat bolt is set up so my youngest sits in the middle of the middle seat.

She probably gets the best view ;)

I'll take a pic of the inside and wack it up. Still no headlining, but I have a TMI kit on its way... (so I hope).

Good luck with the lesson.

Cheers Corey

9. tanyarose

tanyarose New Member

haha yeah it will be an experience my girl friends tacking me out in her scarey i reckon a couple of lessons and then shes on the road only local brakes done polished her up of course tires order put on next week getting white walls.Am a little concerned about the front corner rust can you put some thing on that stops the rust and bog until ready to do panel work and also have the middle seats for mine but no bolts or clamp thing can I buy them any where here
    Thanks Tanyarose

Eternity 69 Low Light

10. Just Corey

Just Corey New Member

It's been a while since I've actually done anything to Thombie that hasn't been your normal kombi loving (eg"maintenance").

I'd planned on doing this along time ago but I've finally got around to having the roof lining redone as it was unarguably the worst feature he had.

I didn't really take good before photos...
    This ones at xmas full of my kids and brothers/sisters. Now I promise to try recreate this photo with the headlining in:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

at least 4 out of 6 were interested.:)

12. Just Corey

Just Corey New Member

I must say that having a headlining fitted has made such a huge difference. Not only has it made Thombie run faster and more fuel efficient, but it's made me more charming and charismatic.

Getting fitted:
    [​IMG]

Back at home:
    [​IMG]

Helping hand putting it back together, your never to young (and no this wasn't set up):
    [​IMG]

Seats in, ready to go:
    [​IMG]

no really, it's a lot more comfortable and surprisingly quiet, and I'm very happy with the job.

13. Just Corey

Just Corey New Member

hahaha, yes, spot the teenagers ;)

you were too quick Brian and got in before my "after shots"

14. Just Corey

Just Corey New Member

forgot to say that I have ordered new interior lights and hinge covers from Roy, 1 hinge cover went missing and the interior lights have been glued so many times that they dont really fit in anymore.

15. Split 1

Split 1 New Member

Where did you get the headliner done, that shed looks familiar??

Dave

16. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Why do they glue the interior lights in? notice the same with Max, have had to change the bulbs and busted one light and the other came out with a little bit of pressure.

17. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Sorry mate.:)

18. Just Corey

Just Corey New Member

Yeah Dave, that was Kevin Horgan and thank you very much for the lead, I'd certainly recommend him.

I believe he has a splitty your familiar with going in for a roof lining this week?
    That'd be 3 kombi's in a row pretty much for him now.

19. Split 1

Split 1 New Member

Yes hes a nice bloke, doing Colins split now.

I would recommend him for any interior bits, not cheap but you get what you pay for.
    Dave

20. kombijon

kombijon Member

great job, its a very sweet looking bus, good job well done!