1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Touring Australia

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Rosscoe, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Rosscoe

Rosscoe Member

Hi, we have an update to our post on touring Australia in our Kombi, we wont be doing that now, after spending 1000's of dollars getting her ready, buying camping gear, etc etc. we have decided to do what Tillis suggested and take the Harley, we have now bought a Camper Trailer and will be towing that behind the Road Glide. What we are planning is to head toward Tassie (depending on time of year obviously) first and spend a month down there and when we come back to the mainland we will decide either head "right" to the East Coast or "left" to the Nullabor. However once we have had enough of the bike we will be bringing the Kombi out of storage and she will get to see the sights.

2. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Hi Rosscoe,
    I admire your adventurous spirit;). Tassie on a motorbike. I come from north coast Tassie so select the 4 days of summer for your travels:rolleyes:. May you enjoy:).
    Reckon you'll think a Kombi is luxury after:p.
    Cheers

TeeBee and Rosscoe like this.
  3. Rosscoe

Rosscoe Member

Thank you mate
    It will definitely be in summer, I am a sook and dont like the cold, we are very much looking forward to the challenge, we just want to do something for us, something that not everyone gets to do.

David H likes this.
  4. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Enjoy your travels! :)

I am curious about your comment, “ I am a sook and dont like the cold,“.......and yet your location states Oberon? :confused:

It snows in Oberon, when it doesn’t snow here..........:eek:

Wayne murray and Rosscoe like this.
  5. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

We were advised by some scout leaders I knew from Tassie that the best time to visit is Feb / Mar. The weather is great and the kids are back at school. We have been down there five times and are booked for Feb to Mar next year. Once I didn't take the advice and had a lot of difficulty getting a camp site owing to the school holidays. We spent more time with my wife's sister at Georgetown than we had anticipated. Have a great time.

Ian

Rosscoe likes this.
  6. Rosscoe

Rosscoe Member

Yes mate, I do live in Oberon, and yes I do hate the cold, more so since we moved to Oberon, but that will change once we start the tour. Never to return......

7. Buggergary

Buggergary Well-Known Member

I live in the far nw near Smithton / Stanley and it's not much chop at the moment lol early feb, march through to easter is definitely the best time going by the local free camping area.

David H and Rosscoe like this.