1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trial camp

Discussion in 'SA' started by BrianK, Feb 23, 2010.

1. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

We were meant to go on a trial camp over yesterday in Max, to see how we went, before our trip across the nullabour. But Cathy decided to make a doctors appointment for me instead.Went to the docs today and now i have to go and get a mole thing cut out the top of my bald head. He says today, its only a small needle and then 3 stiches. The camp out would have been more fun.:lol:

2. Carolin

Carolin New Member

Yes, the camping sounds much more fun. I hope all goes well and it's a quick job and heals quickly. Have you got ANOTHER Kombi - I loved the Jackaroo/Kakadu/Jabiru thing (can never get the name right).

Carolin.

3. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Hey Carolin, long time no see:) still got a kombi, but the updated version T3 as shown in avatar.

4. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

5. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Google is your friend Grant .... ;) But I agree, you should explain it in that other thread Brian. :)

I hope everything's fine Brian, and the mole removal went smoothly and painlessly. You'll have to get yourself a hat now - I have a spare Carlton cap that I can lend you. :)

6. Archeress

Archeress Guest

i will take a shot for brians sake,.......
    Gabbos run was a famous play by a collingwood player of yesteryear...RAY GABELICH...hence gabbo to use an australianism.

The next significant incident of the match has entered football folklore. With most of the players from both sides congregated in Melbourne's forward lines, Collingwood broke away along northern side of the ground. When Tuddenham gathered the ball just ahead of left centre wing he looked up and saw, presumably almost to his disbelief, that Ray Gabelich was standing unattended some forty metres downfield, and about the same distance from goal. He promptly kicked to the 193cm, 109kg ruckman who, having marked, galloped, or rather trundled, towards goal, bouncing the ball as he went, while Melbourne players converged on him from all directions. By the time of his fourth bounce, which almost saw him lose control of the ball, Gabelich had entered the goal square, with the nearest Demons defenders still five metres away. From almost on the goal line the burly West Australian pumped the ball deep into the crowd, and the Collingwood fans went wild. However, with time-on still four minutes away, it was much too early to begin celebrating.

7. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Thanks Kel, you explained it for me. but now back with the original name.:)

8. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Not removed yet woz, it gets done on 12 march and you can keep your carlton hat mate. i would sooner wrap a hanky around my head.:lol: