1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Try Congo

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Royce, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Royce

Royce Active Member

Our favourite campsite, since I was a kid, is Congo, a couple of kays east of Moruya on the far south coast of NSW. Pit loos, shower cubicles (BYO shower bag), and you're right on the beach, like right on the beach. A truley great spot. Next time I'm there, I grab some pics. Cheap - $5-6 per person per night, gets really really busy at easter and christmas. I would avoid it at Xmas.

Royce, Andrew and Brian

2. kenhell

kenhell New Member

I agree its a great place to camp and it has a nice river for fishing and swimming plus the beach for surf and beach fishing.And you can have a camp fire using the wood supplied by the local council.

3. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

This place sounds ideal...heaven on earth even,i love the idea of camping on the beach,and occupying your days by surfing,fishing,swimming and sitting around eating the days catch.Nice one ;)

4. kenhell

kenhell New Member

Update on Congo ...... camping fees have risen to $10 per nite and camp fires are no longer allowed, but its still a very nice camp area.
    Ken.

5. njg02

njg02 Active Member

Went to Congo last week. Great spot. Hardly anyone there. $10 per night pp. Drops to $5pp early may if I remember right for winter. They are baiting rabbits at the moment and there is a wild chook that hangs about to clean up after dinner. There is a nice easy walk south along the headlands. We went about half way. The small river is blocked to the beach but still lots of life in it. We will go back one day.

Neil