1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ulverstone

Discussion in 'Tas' started by Vanders, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Vanders

Vanders Active Member

I had the chance to visit Ulverstone the last couple of days. Packed the kids off to the grandparents, and headed up there with Ana who had some work commitments there.

Didn't take the kombi, or camp, but what an awesome place. Ulverstone is probably the best kept secret in Tassie. The beach area is fasntastic, with a Big 4 campground across the road from the beach and the surf lifesaving club. There is also another campground further along that backs onto the beach. Both looked great. There is also a massive beachfront park with so much for the kids to do and see.

We had an awesome meal at Pedro's (the local seafood restaraunt). My paella was amazing.

Saw quite a few kombis. There was a splittie camper in a driveway just over the bridge in West Ulverstone. Saw a purlpe late bay, a couple of wite campers, and a brown lowlight.

Anyone visiting Tassie should make it a must to spend some time in this beautiful town. I know we will be back next Christmas holidays with the kids and the tent for a week or so.

Cheers,

Paul

2. StevieVW

StevieVW Well-Known Member

Careful there Paul! Everyone will know what a great place we live in!

3. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

Compared with Launie anywhemmmmppffff hmmpfffpmmm.

Adrian has been removed from the keyboard as he has been a bad bad boy. I will go and deal with him now! Sorry for his rudeness Vanders!

Pinkscrapbooker
    Tammy

4. Vanders

Vanders Active Member

Ahh. I have tasted the metallic waters of Hobart on more than one occaision. In fact I lived there for a period, but left before I caught an infection from said waters and lost all objective reasoning as the natives obviously have.

That said, the best thing to come out of Hobart is Pale Ale. A drink that I will risk infection for.

Back to Ulverstone. My wife, who was with me on this foray up Nor-West, now thinks I live a double life. Whilst having a beer in the pub, the barmaid says to me, "Don't you remember me. About three years ago". Now at this point I have to say I was married to my beloved over 7 years ago, and even a Hobartian would recognise that this accusation may cause a disturbance in the natural order of married life.

Let me make it clear. I did not know the woman. I had not been to Ulverstone in 20 years, and I only have eyes for my wife. After getting "the look" from Ana, and nearly choking on my beer, I explained the above points to the bar lady. She informs me I am the spitting image of a man who was once a local but moved away three years ago.

This man must have been popular, because I was waved at, winked at, smiled at, and generally looked at by every female of child rearing age in this town. Now this is unusual behaviour, and one that I am not accustomed to. I doubt it was my pot-belly and daggy clothes that was the reason. Or, maybe the girls up there are really desperate, or 'friendly'. I think though it must have been my double. He must have been a very popular boy, and I'd love to meet him, but it has meant that Ana is thinking I have been moonlighting up 'the coast'.

Anyway, it gave us some good laughs for a couple of days after.

5. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

You have, as I do a very understanding wife. Point of fact, I met my wife just after she had moved to Launie for uni and I spent many nights and days up there over the next 2 years. Many miles on the highway sometimes, even finishing work on a Tuesday or Wednesday, driving up to spend the night and then driving back to Hobart the next morning to go to work. So even with the N/S rivalry (and the fact I would be unlikely to swap cities) I do have a place in my heart which will always be Launie......

Adrian

6. volma1

volma1 Member

I even venture south occasionally. Stayed at Salamanca Inn Thursday night and missed the fires on the way down Thursday afternoon. Unfortunately (or fortunately which ever way you look at it) will be back to stay 4 nights next weekend (motor home rally) at Elwick showground. Try to catch up with Pat and Pete Curran and others. Open day for visitors Sun1st Feb. Drop by and visit. volma1 (Greg)

7. Empi Baja

Empi Baja Member

Greg, when are you going to bring your CB down to the shack and test her on the dunes? Im dying to see whats better, the bug or the CB :D

Let us know anyway mate, Cheers Will

8. heartland

heartland New Member

So the real reason you want go back is revealed in one of the above sentences basically who wouldn't want to feel like a rock sex god for a while. LOL.