1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VALLA 2016 Photos

Discussion in 'NSW' started by deeksy62, Jul 28, 2016.

1. deeksy62

deeksy62 Well-Known Member

Had some clients to visit in Dorrigo today, I will admit that I did schedule the trip to coincide with a visit by some of the Valla folk.
    some pics of the visitors.
    Roll on the weekend!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    73kombi, cbus, Syncro27 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Aspro

Aspro Well-Known Member

Never seen that Barndoor deluxe before. Anyone know who owns it?

3. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

Dudes name is Gav from down Canberra way, pommy ex pat and a real nice bloke

Aspro likes this.
  4. Aspro

Aspro Well-Known Member

Cheers Squidy
    Any more pics guys and girls?

5. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Deeksy ..... some familiar ones in the shots :rolleyes:

6. Zombi

Zombi Active Member

That first shot with the elders shop in the back ground looks like a period photo

7. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

I'll get out and about later and take a few. Anything in particular or you just want the lot ! ;)

Aspro likes this.
  8. Aspro

Aspro Well-Known Member

Whatever tickles your fancy mate. Looking forward to it

9. KahunaKombi

Black and white it would look period :cool:

10. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

Anyone get some pics of racing?
    I heard Dak To The Future finally made it to the track under the rebuild by Wayne Penrose.
    25 years in the making.
    Heard it was fairly successful on its debut.

11. KahunaKombi

Wow Barry, Dak is back or should that be finished ...... wondered what happened to it after the VW Performance magazine (I think that was what the Oz mag was called all those moons ago) folded. Still got some of the mags with the articles on the build in them :D but never saw the final result.

12. splitbus

splitbus Well-Known Member

Here is a few

Attached Files:

73kombi, Aspro and Grantus like this.
  13. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Party hard guys, at this awesome event. :)

One day I'll get there........:(

14. Longrasser

Longrasser Active Member

Good evening folks.
    Well what a day it was! Let me firstly apologise that I am unable to upload photos from my tent tonight, but I promise once I'm back home a will put together a good collection to give you idea of what it's been like.
    The weather has been beautiful, the crowds chilled and happy and a good long line up of VWs in Nambucca this morning.
    The day starts very dewy with a supposedly cold night ( very balmy for me). The first diehards were out at the gates of the van park before sun up. A few left even earlier to make their own way in (?). The sit around and wait is good value. Everyone walks up and down the lineup and get get to meet a stack of people that way and compose your own video of all the VWs that have caught your eye in the morning sun. Some gives the word and we were all off from the park and out onto the old highway. The new section of the freeway is now in use and so the dubs have most of the road to themselves. Lots of people have come to watch us go part and give a wave.
    We got into Nambucca and just as we were approaching the hill below the main drag of town, an ambulance raced past and we were all directed to the side of the road. So we sat and waited for a good 40 minutes or so until they had picked up their patient and the rest of us were ushered into the main drag parking strip (seeing as though there was a good crowd already lined up). (The ambulance came to rescue someone who had had a heart attack, or collapsed at the sight of all these VWs).
    The food shops were packed, so it just meant a little patience, and instead I walked the whole line up taking photos, only to find myself back at the bus, telling stories about it ( so I missed lunch), but that's cool, as so many people would walk up to the bus and say ' ahh, this is it ! This is the one I've seen " So quite often it was just filling in the details that people wanted to know from the blog story or the photo diary.
    There was everything in the street of very style and taste ( VWs , not people). Some people thought there wants as many as last Valla, as the line up was slightly shorter with an added emergency lane meaning 3 vehicle abreast, not 4.
    Come the time to go, most of us took it steady and ambled back to the park where they had a small swap meet running and a lot more people. The 'limbo' comp was keeping the crowd happy as people packed into cars and busses to get their ride lower to pass under a bar. The lowered beetles were doing well with an extra 12 passengers hanging out everywhere. The other classes had a go, with the lowered Country Buggies getting really low after folding their windscreens down. There was an old type 3 fast back that was entered, who was barely making it through, even with a load of bodies. He got on the the roof and popped it in, and squeeze under the limbo bar. Once done, he laid on the seat and popped it back up... Dedication of sorts.
    Got some good bits at the swap, talked some more and took a full Samba down to the pub for a feed and back with the rag top open for the star gazers. Then off to the hall for the charity auction and more beer and banter, a quick game of pinball on the way out and back to the tent to unsuccessfully try to download photos.
    Tomorrow there is a market and more yarning, free Samba rides around the park for those who want the experience without getting married (wedding bus) and we will be hitting the road home after lunch.
    So much to see and meet and learn and do...... What a day !!
    Cheers from Dean... From a tent with limited internet reception, the sound of the surf in background and an overhead street light that convinces me it is the dawn every time I wake up through the night.
    All very good. (Even the sound of sliding bay doors )

Miss Rosie, Debstar, Syncro27 and 4 others like this.
  15. Quombi

Quombi Well-Known Member

16. Quombi

Quombi Well-Known Member

Here are the photos I've been sent. As you can see... Not much! When the word went out earlier this week that there was a possible spot at the Park I was happy for Dno. However as the week went on my mood, I'm ashamed to say, got worse! The green eyed monster came out and my black mood deepened. School and family commitments saw Tess and I staying home.... While we were happy to see the bus off I could have curled up in bed and cried! A collection of blokes was now taking our usual spot... Sigh.
    The phone congestion on the sites hasn't helped and I'm only getting small updates here and there. While not competing in the limbo the bus did take on its full quota of 9 plus a few kids for a few laps around the park and to the pub for dinner. Grrrrrrr yes I'm jealous and wish I was there but it make me all the more committed to do it in 2 years. Book now people and we will see you there! I will continue to upload some photos (under sufferance!! And with green eyes!) for the benefit of those left at home!

Miss Rosie, kombi69 and Luckyphil like this.
  17. splitbus

splitbus Well-Known Member

Found this on Instagram, #valla hope everyone is ok

Attached Files:

18. Ted2

Ted2 Active Member

Looks like owner is ok as bus is listed on ebay. It's listed as a 1975 15 window split screen fleetline. Serious fire :(

19. KahunaKombi

If the last pic on the ebay ad is true then it looked clean :cool:

20. Quombi

Quombi Well-Known Member