1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Various Canberra Kombi's

Discussion in 'Kombi Spotting' started by Gabriella, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

The T3 Shuttles were mine...that pic was taken after I'd delivered Xavier Rudd from the airport in the 5 seater Kanga Banga, and the Kate Miller-Heidke entourage were airport bound in the champagne 8 seater..

Was a great weekend - perhaps worth considering for "Bus Stop 08"?

PS - You must have FROZE in a tent on Friday night!

2. Grantus

Now that sounds like a plan...... KC Canberra (and surrounds) members for an informal lunch BBQ style once a month!

Gabriella, as it was your suggestion, care to pick a day and venue?

Is Sunday best day for all?

BBQ ( and suitable parking), I can think of Weston Park @ Yarralumla, or Belconnen has some BBQ facilities at the lake, or Cotter...... just suggestions.

Your call locals for a venue.

And Phantom, not trying to override the ACTVW scene, just trying to instigate a T1, T2, T3, T4 and T5 happening, in conjuction with all the Beetle Golf Passat crew!

3. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great plan. Maybe we can plan for the first or last Sunday in the month so that it imbeds in the diary and then just decide where to meet.

4. Barney

Barney New Member

Sue & I will be keen to join in !

5. nige

nige New Member

Yeah, well i froze up untill i finally went to bed, then the -15 sleeping bag fixed that!

Was checking out your T3s, cool that you got to drive around all of the talent in style :)

6. Grantus

When I collected the Bamboos on Sat morn from their accomodation to take them the airport, they reckon it was the coldest gig they'd ever done!

That "Arctic Blast" came outta nowhere, coz the weekend prior and after, was glorious!

Even Dubshack and Diafrix arrrived in summer T-Shirt type gear, and I had to warn them of how cold it would get late at night!

As to my T3's, (as most know), one was bought from KC member Vanders last December, and the Kanga Banga is a workhorse, that I hope cleaned up well enough for the role...

7. Grantus

I know I suggested a once a month number, (and it may easily evolve into that), but perhaps we should try a one off, and the guage the reaction / attendance, for frequency of future meets?

Going to propose an expression of interest, in the "Coming Events ACT forum" for a casual BBQ / Picnic Kombi get together, Sun 27 April meet at Cotter - according to Google Maps, it's only 56mins drive from Bungendore, and about the same travel time from Belconnen or Tuggeranong.

8. Schmoburger

Schmoburger Active Member

Just wondering if anybody knows anything about a few Kombi's I've spotted round the capital in recent weeks.

There is a yellow camper that is a very similar color to BC which is parked often outside a house on a little backstreet not far from the Fenner House UC dorms, a green and white microbus? that had a broken window and was parked in Ainslie not long ago... can't remember what street. ALso a lowlight camper that I parked next to a couple of nights ago outside the Dickson Liquor Store which had ACT rego, shiney plastic hubcaps and was quite obviously handpainted with slogans like "REAGEN WAS WRONG" and such, and the tailgate had from memory 10 bands listed on the back... amnong them being New Order, The Cure. Then there is a white camper in Scrivener St, O'Conner or Turner? can't remember.... a white Sunliner camper that is parked frequently behind Dickson Woolworths, a purple bay panelvan that I see getting round the northern burbs... mostly Lyneham, Ainslie and Turner, and a white on royal blue panelvan with middle windows cut in and a peace sign in chrome on the front that I see a bit in Dickson.