1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Volvo B20, B21 in a Bay Kombi

Discussion in 'Performance' started by sclarke7171, Aug 31, 2013.

1. sclarke7171

sclarke7171 Member

I've done some googling ansd come up with a few conversions in Wedges, but no Bays.
    Anyone seen one done?

Forgetting the cooling part. I'm more worried about engine deck height to rocker cover clearance.

Why??
    I've played with Volvo's for years. Damn tough. And 130hp in a Kombi would be nice.
    So as my 1.7 is basically dead, I'm looking at options over what I have.

It takes away the originality I know. But to have a nice reliable bus that does what I new it to would be nice.
    My recent melb WA trip did not do it any favors. 80kmh and that still hurt it. Yet to find why it has destroyed the engine. Had it repaired in Perth and on way home it got to the point I was setting valves every 150km. Not one pot either. All at different times had to be adjusted. Worst were pot 1 and 4. And mainly intake ports. Not exhaust.
    Have looked at putting my 914 2096 in it. But why not convert it to a Volvo donk
    Kennedy in the US have conversion kits.

Steve.

2. kombivan

kombivan New Member

datsun used to be popular, rotary have been done, leyland p76 have been done. corvette has been done, nisson has been done

3. kombivan

kombivan New Member

2.1 0r 1.9 t3 engine would make a good change or subaru even.

4. sclarke7171

sclarke7171 Member

Bit the bullet. Bought a conversion kit for a Volvo B23 to a VW box

5. mitchfrom91

mitchfrom91 New Member

Im really interested to hear your progress i hae a b230ft laying around and would be interested in how they fit

6. Blunderbus

Blunderbus Active Member

Clarkie, are you resurrecting the 74 or did you buy a new bus ?

7. sclarke7171

sclarke7171 Member

Bought a syncro T3 :)

It's getting converted. One day.