1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VW Events Calendar

Discussion in 'Coming Events' started by syncro, Feb 1, 2020.

1. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

2. wombatventures

wombatventures Well-Known Member

Cool. I'll put Dubs by the River on their today.

3. Wonty

Wonty Member

Cheers for this thread Synchro; I actually run the website so hope it helps folk.

I created it for a variety of reasons but one reason I did it was to also not be dependent on bookface so much when I realised they filter a lot of stuff out so I missed allsorts that was going on near me..at least on the website it shows you what's on bookface.. any ho hope it helps

omelette81, Grantus, David H and 5 others like this.
  4. wombatventures

wombatventures Well-Known Member

Great site Wonty. Any way to find excuses for a day or weekend out is cool. Avoiding bookface is cooler.:cool:;)
    Yes I do use facebook for Dubs By The River... only because the only ones who'd turn up without it would be Kombi Club members... hmmm there's an idea:rolleyes:;)

Wonty likes this.
  5. Wonty

Wonty Member

Thank you @wombatventures for your kind words, I'm learning as I go really, tried and failed a few times now but seemed to have hit a rhythm where I can keep current with events and post daily now - so happy days :)

I agree with you that it's a necessary evil turning to Facebook to promote events which is a bit sad really as I've found loads of interesting clubs and meetups that are outside of the metro locations which I try and share with folk as they may fancy something different :)

I'm more than happy also to add pages to the website for organisers of dub events if they want some type of web presence. I'm sure I could do something. I will be placing something like that up for the show I help to run in the coming weeks.

David H and wombatventures like this.
  6. Whitie

Whitie Well-Known Member

Great site, excellent way to see what's on, defiantly in my fav's tool bar from now on.
    Cheers for listing Nth Beaches run for 16th Feb.
    Tony

Wonty likes this.
  7. Wonty

Wonty Member

Hi Tony, Thanks for taking the time to share such kind words I do really appreciate knowing you like the site. Thank you. No worries at all about listing your event like I say its my pleasure just hit us up if you want anything else posting mate, I'll just get it up and shared for you no worries.

Scot

David H, Whitie and rstucke like this.
  8. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Great work Scot & you're an asset to KC;). There's some of us that don't do any other social media & appreciate your page:D:D.
    Thanks

Wonty likes this.
  9. Wonty

Wonty Member

David, bless you mate, thank you. Honestly if you've known the hiccups I've had which meant starting all over again trying to get something that actually works,working, you soon realise why I'm so happy to read posts like yours and everyone elses. It's turned into a nice little hobby in a way now and the folk I'm meeting are truly lovely people that are all in it for the dub community, happy days!

TeeBee and David H like this.
  10. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Awesome stuff Scot. :)

I too, don’t do “wastebook”, or any other social media, so your work is a great source, for upcoming events.

Hope to catch up with you at one of them, sometime in the future. ;)

Wonty likes this.
  11. Wonty

Wonty Member

Would love to catch up @Grantus for sure!

Honestly knowing that the site is helping is pure gold to be honest, just true sincere thanks for letting us know. Like I say I've tried all sorts of things in the past to showing events such as custom maps state specific pages but the format I have now does seem to work a lot better so its good to get to know first hand it works for all. Thank you.

I've been playing with a few ideas in the background of the site to see if it I can post event updates in a simple feed say if something is cancelled at the last minute or something but I want it done so its nice and simple and not a huge burden for people to see or for me to drop onto the site.

If you or anyone has any ideas just knock them on, I'll see if I can sort it out - not a worry at all.

Hope your day is going well

David H and Luckyphil like this.
  12. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

This is a great resource, keep up the good work :)

Wonty likes this.
  13. Wonty

Wonty Member

Cheers @Luckyphil again cheers for the kind words mate. Just doing a little update now on the site that may help to show when event details are updated or they have more news to share, not sure if it will work, but happy to give it a punt! The blog is called 'The OZ Journal' thought it was better than just blog.. :-D just writing my first post now, no idea how this is going to play out, but doubt it will break the internet! :-D

--- update
    the blog is now live ... https://ozvwshows.com/the-oz-journal/

I'll use it to post up updates to events and show information, such as MacValla have added online applications, so seems fitting to use this feature to share this type of information. It will also serve well if events cancel at the last minute. Hopefully it will provide some help at some point to someone

Seriously this idea has just come from this thread, so a big thanks for giving me the idea all! Most appreciated.

Scot

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    David H likes this.