1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VW Shows / Events...

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by bluebaymike, Nov 30, 2009.

1. bluebaymike

bluebaymike New Member

I have been looking on the website here and on others in Australia but I cannot find a list of all VW Events throughout Australia 2009/2010.

Does such a list/calender exist? As I would like to visit a few more shows and want to try and plan them in with our travels.

If anybody has a link that would be cool

Mike

2. MISS VDUB

MISS VDUB New Member

3. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Going to be pushing it to get all VW Forums and clubs to list shows events etc in a common place - each does their own thing and enthusiastic members post events they are aware of on other forums or on here and it is up to the clubs to post on the forums.

It's a case of checking the Coming Events section on here and other Forums and compiling the list.

4. bluebaymike

bluebaymike New Member

okay thats cool, i was just checking. in the UK there is Volkszone which is pretty popular and all UK events and some European shows are listed!

We are travelling all over Australia in our bus and after going to RTTS this weekend we really want to go to some more!

Im gonna have to get searching now and hopefully we will get to some more :D

Thanks for the advice guys!

5. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Try looking in the VWMA as they have events advertised in there too.

6. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

7. betsybug

betsybug Member

If all the major websites/groups send in updates of events to one place (say, Kombiclub), the info can be updated centrally, and then sent back out to the groups for their members' benefit (that would be the incentive for the groups to contribute info).

We can start by asking for volunteers here who monitor/frequent various VW forums.

If we can make this happen, everyone gets updated on events around Oz whichever forum they haunt.

8. 4wheels

4wheels New Member

Hi BBM

The more 'formal' clubs (ie. not internet groups, but with committees, magazines etc) are state based, so you need to check each state. For Victoria see www.vwclub.com.au . Of course, we are entering the holiday break soon, so things will be a bit quiet for a while.

Brian
    Vice President
    VWCV

9. Roy

Roy Administrator Staff Member

its a good idea to have an annual show calendar to be posted in one central place or more
    We have a Calendar here which other clubs are more than welcome to post thier event dates
    I am sure we can take it further

10. bluebaymike

bluebaymike New Member

this is what they have in the UK anyway! http://www.volkszone.com/?page_id=3

so its easy to find out about them, the dates, place, website, email..... are all there!

I noticed the calender here and i think theres an option to have different calender types

11. KahunaKombi

12. betsybug

betsybug Member

Pinky doesn't list RTTS 09 :eek:

13. KahunaKombi

:wtf: Thing is you have to advise these places if your club or group are having an event - they DON't go looking for them.