1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weekend

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jon ward, Aug 21, 2011.

1. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

So how did everyone spend their God given day of rest?

This is how I spent mine;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The next two are videos, just click on them and you will be redirected to my photobucket thingy.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  2. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Like that.

3. bulletz

bulletz New Member

Spent the day laying under my bus putting in a new beam and adjusting down the rear.. pics to come

4. Mouse

Mouse Member

Spent the morning at work which was great because I got to commute in the Kombi I picked up on Fri and after three days of driving around got my first Kombi wave Sun PM picking my 15 year old daughter up from her job at Macca's. Have never really been a car person but am loving driving a kombi again after nearly 30years.

Cheers

Mouse

5. fekkinell

fekkinell Member

Work's been jerking me around, so I went around to a colleagues house and did some mowing and gardening for a little extra pocket money to see me through. :)

6. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Sat gardening, Sun new speaker pods in the doors of the Kombi and had a crack at some DIY sound proofing.
    pics to come.

7. terbear

terbear Member

Woke up to this....
    [​IMG]

then convoyed back to Brissie with Mitch and Vanessa.. With a stop at Ikea on the way home.. :D

8. Vanessa92

Vanessa92 Member

And it was good :) Besides the rain followed me up here... getting hammered now...

9. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

I put together the nursery then went to the pub with the fellas to get out of the baby shower.

10. GypsyWannabe

GypsyWannabe Active Member

Breakfast at a hotel in the city (Sydney) after seeing Richard Clapton at the State Theatre on Saturday night. :cool: Then home to do the weeding and the mowing (make up brownie points). Then I put one of my new VW 17" alloys on the T4 (without tyre) to see how it looked and to make sure it will fit.

Baz

11. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

I managed to get the 3-way fidge working on all three options - Old Bar here we come !!

12. Sheriff

Sheriff Active Member

Saturday was an unsuccessful shopping expidition looking for a new outdoor setting...
    Sunday was a successful mission to install some great outdoor lighting in the ever evolving garden at our ongoing house reno!!!

13. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Should have been at Sawtell with our VW friends but got a call Friday arvo to say that a cancellation had come up for Monday at the hospital and Andy was next on the list for a small medical proceedure.
    CANCEL weekend away due to strict diet requirements :mad: So Andy replaced and fixed a leaking seal in Blue Bus while I 'played' with 'Mildred' the caravan.

14. pvwg

pvwg Member

Had my daughter's 18th party at our house 45 kids most were 17,18 & 19 they drank heaps I am sure they were the ones over 18 the damage
    1 - spew boy
    1- Boy passed out at 2am
    1- Boy almost drowns in the pool after being thrown in
    4 - individual gate crashers 1- 15yr old boy a 15 year old girl 2 -17 year olds boys they stayed and partied on

1- old guy me watching rage from 2am to 3am then I crashed slightly worse for where
    Party final finished about 4am with 8 party animals still going they finally left at 4pm the next day Sunday
    Both Myself and Maria survived no parents complained the kids had a great time

Would have loved to go to Sawtell I will try next year went to work to recover on monday

15. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

I got a bus from Koh Tao on Friday afternoon and arrived in Bangkok at 2 am. Saturday I did laundry and generally got my ducks in a row for work. I woke up with a hangover in Bangkok on Sunday morning, then went for breakfast on the way to the airport. Then I went to Paris and connected through to Lyon and then checked into my hotel on Monday morning and turned up at the office.

Please can I go back to my little hut on Koh Tao now? France is actually really hot. It's like 35 or some balls like that.

16. jobell

jobell Active Member

I spent the day helping a friend fence his sheep paddocks. New experience for me. I've been bribing his sheep with bread every time I visit, so rather than my friend having to chase them out of one paddock into another, I just go into the paddock he wants them in and I call them and they come running. Only problem is, anytime I'm in the paddock with them they follow me around....

17. scotty*85

scotty*85 New Member

sat was spent with 3 hours of driving to and from work with a 10 hour day, then sunday!!!! a 9 hour day and same travel....and since then, hang on what day is it now???

:)

18. KombiMadness

KombiMadness Well-Known Member

I was working!! :umm:

19. grumble

grumble Well-Known Member

My wife and I spent Saturday night at my first boss's (26 years) 90th birthday and we were surprised when he was still partying on when we went home. He is still a great person and in his earlier years his knowledge of VW's was awesome. Sunday was a casual breakfast and easy day together.

20. vinny

vinny Active Member

dude what sort of job is that :eek: