1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you do to your Kombi today?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BrianK, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Arrived at Newcastle from Melbourne with an over-night prop at Gunning.

2. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Opened the camper up to get some fresh air in, mould and mildew had recently taken over :umm: Molly is on standby just in case Monty doesn't make it home from the mechanics in time.

3. xerxes

xerxes Member

Took the tool box out of the kombi :) and removed the venetians from my bug so I could clean the back window - yay can see out the back now.. obviously as with anything 'its a vw its easy' it was really hard putting them back in until I realised I had something on backwards (my usual trick - proving once again that yes its a vw and its easy....)

4. baykruzer

baykruzer Member

I put a new coat of penetrol on the old bus this afternoon.
    Looks a million bucks now.

5. milly

milly Well-Known Member

:heart:Just looked at her and admired her beauty, she's tucked away nice and cosy in the garage resting and getting ready for our next trip.:heart::D

6. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Yeah Monty is home from the mechanics and hooked up to Mildred so my day will involve packing and making them pretty :heart:

7. Greg N

Greg N Member

Gave the T3 a good wash and vacuum, because that is all a T3 usually needs :)

8. kombivan

kombivan New Member

mines out in the rain getting a wash at present. As that's usually all my T3 Needs.

9. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member

Cleaned the oil off the driveway...again...does anyone have a kombi that doesnt ...leave its mark

10. gusfallis

gusfallis Member

Hopefully Krackerz stops marking the ground now. Just finished taking the engine out to change the main seal.
    Getting better at doing it by myself.
    The engine started and currently no leaks, currently.

11. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

G'day all spent an hour playing around with centre pin to turn it upside down to clear front diff instead of mounting 2 and a small draglink between them seem's to be doable just needs the top face on bracket spot faced down 3 mm to fit wave washer in. then put it together to see what needs to done to provide clearance between tie rod & centre arm on right lock plenty on left. Having axles modified after easter break to fit between commodore diff & rodeo spindles & a kombi axle turned down to fit inside toyota gearbox yoke
    & welded in with the kombi cv on existing spline this will bolt a custom made flange to bolt up to nissan 720 transfer case this will get rid of the double uni joint 21cm long shaft this will give me an extra 10cm's to play with I used to do this set up on suzuki lj50 & 80 4x4's with datsun 120y motor &box conversion's & it was very reliable. so with that I will say have good easter break take care out there
    ernie

12. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Took the -60mm lowering springs off and replaced them with a factory set of carat -30mm springs sourced from The Samba. Well it dosnt look quite so cool but the ride over big bumps is smooth. Handling is still great with the koni shocks.

13. southozjimbob

southozjimbob Member

fitted a short shift kit........by short shift kit i mean replaced the front shift rod bush. who knew 1st gear wasnt meant to be under the glove box!

14. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Washed two weeks of Bus Stop road grime away just in time before the rain started ....again.....Cheers, Mark

15. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Arrived back in Merriwether (Newcastle) from the Bus Stop. Stay for a week then home to Bend of Islands. Like Oldman Mark lots of grime collected from unmade roads leading into National Parks but worth the bumps.

16. vwfreak03

vwfreak03 Well-Known Member

still on the road.....and kombi unwashed :( ..........at Tamworth.......heading to Sydney in the next day or two (maybe stopping off in Newcastle to pick up parts for a tassie member).........so far 4000km travelled and a few to go yet

17. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Are they parts for Stevie? I already gave them to Eli, if they are.

18. vwfreak03

yes they were........so i can scrap that one off the to do if poss list

Thanks melissa

19. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

No problem. That might give you the chance to do something else :)
    ...either that or sorry Stevie.. lol

20. vwfreak03

was really scratching my head how i could fit it in and be there when you would be at home.......

o well.....its the thought that counts.....lol

thanks for letting me know :) can now plan without detour...lolo