1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you do to your Kombi today?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BrianK, Feb 6, 2013.

1. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

Go ...is is that Stop Miss D ;)

2. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Stripped down the heater blower-fan & replaced the brushes. Ended up filing down a set of Makita planer brushes, modified the end cap & swapped over the springs.
    Works like a charm now.....:)
    Cheers, Mark

3. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Replaced the front brake rotors and wheel bearings despite the rain & leeches :( , will leave the rear bearings to Mr Muller on Monday.

4. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

I like the improvisation! Works for me.

5. Melb.VDubber

Melb.VDubber Member

Finally refitted my torsion arms with new ball joints.
    Clunk, clunk be gone!

6. type2mania

type2mania Member

When you got 3 Kombis you find something to do every day !!! I do :)

7. Jay Jay

Jay Jay Member

We got Jay back yesterday after getting his new exhaust fitted. He now has new gaskets (apparently he was missing 3) and he has his J-pipes. Really happy!!! :)

8. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

This arvo he's getting a wash as it's overdue and tomorrow it's cruise time to Dubs at the Abbey.

9. spearsy

spearsy Active Member

That's lookin' the goods Chris.

10. baykruzer

baykruzer Member

Just fitted a new set of shocks. Still had the originals in place so I'm hoping to feel some improvement.

11. Weekender

Weekender Well-Known Member

Replaced the stop light switch - again from 6 months ago.
    Also working on the R n R bed - some base board broken, and also putting in some barrel bolts to hold the seat back more vertical - which will also assist to hold any load on the rear bed while travelling.

12. mehimthatguy

mehimthatguy Member

Pulled out the bargain concrete mixer, I got from a garage sale last weekend, from the middle of the van. :)

13. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

I got stuck in and sorted out the rear flip seat, all mounted properly, child seat sorted, fixed a loose speaker pod, sorted out my interior light issues, big clean in and out, touched up some paint spots here and there.
    Polished all the chrome and fixed my sun visors..... takes a deep breath..... then I touched up the middle seats with some vinyl spray and attempted to patch a hole in the roof lining... not very well though.
    Its amazing what fiddly things that you have been putting off you can get done when time is on your side.

14. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

.....and when the Nats. are looming :p
    Look forward to catching up Nath. Cheers, Mark

15. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Very true, Not that its entrant material. But it should at least look tidy in the car park.
    Yeah been too long between events for me.

16. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

You should enter Nath - to show what an everyday Kombi looks like.

Im planing to enter mine but then Imay just end up in the swap meet end - ive got a bunchof stuff to off load.

17. Roy 1972

Roy 1972 New Member

Replaced the passenger window mechanism yesterday - with some help of "mothership's" post on the subject.

It is actually quite a simple fix (if you remove the quarter window:umm: )

My tip for all the people on this forum is to stay away from cheap aftermarket window winders that are just poor quality.
    i had a set of nice looking chrome ones but the inside of the handle got all chewed up and kept spinning without winding the window. Me being me i've decided to repair the grip by wrapping tissue paper and a bit of super glue on the pin that comes out pf the mechanism and got the winder handle stuck on it but still the window won't wind down... ended up pulling the pin out of the mechanism altogether - that's why i had to replace the whole thing...

Lesson learnt the hard way...

Cheers,

Roy

18. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

We went for a drive to Wollombi in Little Red and parked next to a very nice blue and white bay. Had a nice lunch at the pub and then drove home.

I think that would make a nice Newcastle/CentralCoast/Sydney cruise one Sunday.

19. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Hitched the trailer up to Monty and filled them up........FREE tip day.......having no garbage collection or kerbside collections we make the most of the twice a year free tip day.:)

20. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Only catch with that is lining up then sticking around. Once I've had my fill of KCers, Swap Meet, Lions Club BBQ and All the pretty cars its home with bubs and some new found Kombi Motivation.