1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you do to your Kombi today?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BrianK, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

I didn't look at the disk to good :oops:know I fell real low know thanks,if it is that simply, I need to look at things better and I would of notice they where a peel n stick item.:oops:

2. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

All good mate....easy enough to miss.
    Hope yours are the same.
    Cheers,
    Mark

melissa likes this.
  3. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

If it works and dosnt look out of place then go for it I say. I am working on some Honda CR-V cup holder/tray fittings. More on that when Im don & installed :)

David H, Grantus, melissa and 2 others like this.
  4. Aspudis

Aspudis Active Member

Today Penny received new cream door cards and carpet under both seats. New flooring in the back of the camper the other day too.

76E4CB86-124B-4DB5-A5DF-9D6EEE4A8C7E.jpeg 830E242C-318D-4AE6-86DA-1DEA4C96EFD8.jpeg 29102B97-EEF0-4092-836C-ED25184B858B.jpeg 09BF45F4-151B-4AAE-AC8E-8BAF3A17FD62.jpeg 1C7D493B-CF2C-4AE4-B7A8-3795277E905E.jpeg

Wonty, TeeBee, Xhai and 8 others like this.
  5. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

Aspudis likes this.
  6. MAP77

MAP77 Well-Known Member

Replaced the engine rubber fuel hoses. The hose attached to the left carby had a slight weep and fuel smell.

TeeBee, melissa, oldman and 1 other person like this.
  7. chris taylor

What sort of hoses did u use as replacements

8. chris taylor

There is whole section relating to replacement fuel hoses and what hoses you and should not use.
    With modern day aggressive fuels old fashion low preasure rubber hoses are no good ,had to many leak without warning so now ,I use ONLY high preasure fuel injection hose which is able to handle these aggressive fuels and in line high preasure thereby reducing the risk of fire.
    Food for thought isnt it.

TeeBee and David H like this.
  9. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    Aspudis likes this.
  10. David H

Now.... I guess you wished you had fuel injection to match your hoses:p:p.
    Cheers

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    chris taylor likes this.
  11. chris taylor

Now wouldnt that be something ,hey Dave.blow you away going up them hills then mate oh yeah.:rolleyes:;):)

TeeBee, Wayne murray and David H like this.
  12. Aspudis

Aspudis Active Member

Permanently mounted our hot water camp shower so that it is now connected to the water tank, pump, and gas bottle all the time. It slides out from inside the wardrobe smoothly on drawer runners.

Previously it was stored under the bed but I found it was too much hassle to set up when we wanted to use it. I had to cut the rear of the fibreglass cupboard to make a sort of drawer and install new shelves and timber etc inside.

Super happy with how it turned out and it is going to make our free camping much easier and enjoyable! (Juzz insisted on modelling the shower,....sorry)

025F3B77-B4EF-4DD5-9E48-66244B01C309.jpeg 09F5EC33-5CC2-4056-AF06-81731367D053.jpeg CD1E6BDE-D5A9-4873-8629-A08B859460B1.jpeg 08EBFF18-7087-4D17-BBC0-9FB57FE81AAF.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  13. chris taylor

Aspudis ,g/day.
    I like the idea,and being self sufficent goes to a whole new level when free camping, but how much water are you carrying when free camping , the original tanks that came with the coverversions were onlly about 40 ltrs if i remember correctly which would not last long at all ,is there a tent or type of pull around that goes at the back for privacy when shower is in use. If so show us how you have achieved that.
    Overall ,great stuff ,like it .
    Chris, T.

14. Aspudis

Aspudis Active Member

Hey Chris.
    Yep the tank is 40l. We only use it for washing up in the sink and showering. Our drinking/ cooking water is in a 10l container with a tap.

The 40l tank has been enough on some of our longer trips because I fill it up pretty often with a hose kept under the front seat at service stations etc.

The shower water flow can be wound down to less than 4l per minute so a couple of quick showers turning it off in between soaping up etc has never been a problem. Swimming, surfing and beach showers most days are good but it’s been nice to have the shower with us as a backup;).

Don’t use a privacy tent most of the time because we usually find a secluded spot or you can wear swimmers etc.

The hose is fairly long too (I’d say 3m) so you can stand a bit away. We do carry a pop up privacy tent now though all the time and it gets stored on top of the rear shelf under the Kombi pop top. Here is a picture of it on another trip a while back when Penny was still red.

upload_2020-1-29_10-6-40.jpeg

rstucke, Wayne murray, TeeBee and 2 others like this.
  15. chris taylor

Good stuff mate , well done , i would have thought u would require a lot more than that , 80 to 100 ltrs but being thrifty is the way to go.

Aspudis likes this.
  16. Aspudis

Aspudis Active Member

Yeah definitely. I'd love more water storage but for now I just have to make do and fill up often!:D

chris taylor likes this.
  17. David H

Great work Aspudis. I will be sussing this out next we meet...love it!
    Cheers

chris taylor and Aspudis like this.
  18. chris taylor

Careful Dave,haha
    Remember Dave more weight less power on the hills.:(watch out for the GREEN PATCH From sth aus.............:D:D:D:D:D

David H likes this.
  19. chris taylor

Are you able to fit another tank ,one each side = 80 ltrs ,???

20. Aspudis

Aspudis Active Member

Yeah I could fit another one if I removed the step I think. But fitting it isn’t the problem anyway Chris....
    The wife has currently placed a ‘non negotiable bankroll stop’ on any Kombi related spending :(:D. Extra water will have to wait. Haha.

chris taylor likes this.