1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you do to your Non-Kombi VW or other car today?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by melissa, Jun 19, 2016.

1. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

95% is good.
    Well above my average.

2. StevieVW

StevieVW Well-Known Member

Just have to decide on the tipping lock... I mightneed the g clamp for my next 95% project....

3. VZR69

VZR69 Active Member

I had a day off today and I thought I would do a little more on my custom painting project. I started with one of my type 3 squareback bonnets and put a couple of coats of debeer solid colour 2k.
    [​IMG]
    Then I scuffed it with a fine foam pad and masked up a couple of panels
    [​IMG]
    Then I laid a piece of lace over the top and masked it down
    [​IMG]
    Next I blew a couple of coats of cobalt basecoat over the top and it turned out pretty cool
    [​IMG]
    Going to be doing a couple more effects for fun soon
    [​IMG]

StevieVW and melissa like this.
  4. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Just buy another G clamp .
    That one seems to work fine ;)

5. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Bit of retro 70's :)

VZR69 likes this.
  6. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Yesterday cruised over to Woody Point then back, along The beach front @ Brighton/Sandgate then up over to Shorncliffe down Allpass Parade past the golf club and home ....... hopefully the new rear brakes are bedding in :rolleyes:

7. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Spotted our first kombi of the trip today - it was a white late bay camper with a spare on the bull bar - it was heading South leaving Alice Springs. The Touareg is still being a trooper and after a day of checking out Uluru and The Olgas, we powered on through Alice Springs and tonight we are staying at Tennant Creek. That has to be the most boring road - so straight and with just nothing around. If you thought the Hay Plain was boring, you should check the Stewart Highway.

chris taylor and VZR69 like this.
  8. VZR69

VZR69 Active Member

My other daughter Casey has a 1972 fastback that she wants to do a full custom paint job on including metallic base with laceing and a pearl overcoat amongst other features so I thought I better start practicing before I start on the fastys rebuild next year.......or the year after :)

9. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

"She wants to do" ??

Heard that somewhere before. ;)

Mine got told,
    Eventualy.

VZR69 likes this.
  10. seano

seano Member

My VW T4 DOKA is getting new outer tie-rod ends, a wheel alignment and a 250,000km service today. I only allowed my mechanic a week to recover from the experience of doing all four ball joints...

Later in the week I might be able to get around to fitting the new drivers side interior door card and pull handle (both the original ones are solarised and cracked) and replace the secondary cooling fan up front (constant squeling when the cabin fan is on and the cabin fan squeals too) - I've had the parts for both for months and just haven't had/made time to do the swaps.

melissa likes this.
  11. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

Hi Melissa ,not that's any of my business of course I think its called the Stuart ,Not Stewart Highway. hahaha, oh dear wrong forum.
    Any how did you see what the number plates on the bay were, as in what State it came from.
    Have a good trip and keep safe.

12. melissa

Haha good pick up Chris. Did not get a chance to see the plates on the kombi. We are staying in Conclurry tonight. Did not see any kombis, no Touaregs, one Amarok and one Tiguan today. Did see a few T5"s though.

chris taylor likes this.
  13. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

Hi Melissa, just following your trip on map and you guys are sure pushing up the miles ,Uluru ,Alice, Tennant Creek, Mount Isa and then Cloncurry, as I see it that's nearly 2000 ks in a couple of days, is good to your wheels are going so well, hope your enjoying it , Although it seems barren, if you have the time, there is a lot to see, just have to get out and look around.
    Cheers Chris ;):)

14. melissa

We have done approx 4700 kms so far since last Wednesday. Have to be home Friday and we are seeing friends in Walgett on Thursday night.

VZR69 and chris taylor like this.
  15. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Could have been fun in little red while wearing beanies n thick socks to keep warm

melissa and chris taylor like this.
  16. melissa

It would have been fun in Little Red but we do no have the time. I also know she cannot do 130+ on the NT highways like the Touareg can.
    Left Cloncurry at 7am this morning and at 7.45pm tonight we arrived at Roma - those last 2 hours were pretty scary with the roos but we didn't have a choice - there is not much on offer for accomodation. Anyway - saw 2 Touaregs today - still no kombis. Huge amount of 4wd's towing caravans - I think most of them must be heading towards Birdsville and the Big Red Bash.

17. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Roma to Bris ?
    If coming out higher up coast and past sunny coast give a heads up n can arrange coffee meet if time allows.
    Bundy mob have a vw drags and general excuse to camp this w.e near Gladstone.

18. melissa

No sorry Col. We are meeting up and staying at Walgett with friends then back home on Friday. Easier driving day today, just stopped at St George.

19. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

No prob.
    Was just in case heading past.

Quick loop :)

melissa likes this.
  20. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

You'll have to show her my '72 Fastback Paddy (thread in member's rides) - no fancy paint job just solid Irish Green :D