1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you do to your Non-Kombi VW or other car today?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by melissa, Jun 19, 2016.

1. VZR69

VZR69 Active Member

I love paddy, its just beautiful. My youngest daughter Greta likes subtle looking cars but her older sister is all about the bling and if she's determined to stand out from every other car then stand out it will! Don't worry she doesn't want 20" chrome mags or anything too tacky. :)

2. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

My non Kombi is at Trakka for fit out.

[​IMG]

Ian

3. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Now that looks like someone will be camping and travelling in comfort. :)

evan&janine, BrianK and StevieVW like this.
  4. gazman

gazman Well-Known Member

Finally found someone with 'pre-obd II' Mercedes scan tool software today. He's coming over to scan my Vito tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to get it out of limp mode yay!

melissa likes this.
  5. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Seeing the non VW has been relegated to the side shade sail area and the main drive, with all the rain and dust & other cr@p on it gave a good de-louse this arvo ;)

6. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Arrived home in the Touareg today at 3.30pm - what a great trip - did 7130kms with fuel consumption of 9.8L per 100kms (diesel). Very happy with the trip. Saw a T3 camped today but no other kombis and saw 1 Touareg parked up. Tomorrow I get to drive Little Red again.

Syncro27, Grantus and cbus like this.
  7. splitbus

splitbus Well-Known Member

Today was spent getting my sons mk4 ready for paint, colour on tomorrow, same colour jazz blue pearl

Attached Files:

StevieVW, Syncro27 and melissa like this.
  8. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Very nice model the Mk4 Golf - I loved mine. :D

9. StevieVW

StevieVW Well-Known Member

New low beam headlights in the 2013 polo, i love internet forums.

Someone, somewhere showing you how its done so you dont bust stuff!

melissa likes this.
  10. wombatventures

wombatventures Well-Known Member

Rolled, shoved, sweated and levered the Notch onto the back veranda on Monday with my near useless employee. Would have been easier to have just bought a new battery!
    Now she's up on jack stands so I can give her a full going over for Dubs by the River.
    I know that's not till September but spare time around here seems to vanish!

11. wombatventures

Oh and then yesterday I went to open the door on the Falcon one tonner and the inside doorhandle snapped. This is the 5th part of the door to break in the 7 months I've owned it. On top of the Auto shifter snapping (plastic crap!) and several other breakage issues, I'm getting sick of fixing things that are made so cheaply. Now I'm back off to evil bay for parts.
    Drivers door lock actuator - Local ford dealer - $245. E-Bay - $86. The Ford one was an aftermarket that needed an adaptor plug wire.

12. splitbus

Started stripping the head liner on the mk4
    What a crap job this us

Attached Files:

13. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

What year the coon?
    I have a EB, EL, falc sedans and NA (? 92) FAIRLAINE parts if you need any.

14. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Yes it is a crap job - we just got rid of the Mk3 and it needed doing but my brother will be doing it. He replaced the previous one I sold him too!! We have to do the 2001 Beetle next.

15. splitbus

Beetle was easier than the Golf Mel, did my daughters 2000 beetle last year, also did door cards, some real gummy sh$t there to get off

melissa likes this.
  16. bagman

bagman Well-Known Member

Yes I remember the headliner issues on our MK3 - sagged -tried to inject glue behind it with a syringe - it failed it sagged more with the weight - was glad to move it on - pitty as they look so great and The paint finish was perfect - it just refused to play .

17. wombatventures

Thanks Cbus. It's a BA . Reckon it stands for Bloody Aweful. Actually as a work vehicle its ok, nice enough to drive, plenty of grunt, would have been fine new. The PO was a sort of older tradie, and despite the fact he had it serviced regularly he didn't care for things very well, like cleaning the built up dirt from his arm where he rested it on the centre console or the door by the window. Over an hour of scrubbing, starting with a knife blade then steel wool and then a scourer before I found the original vinyl! The door issues I'm sure are because the top hinge pin is worn, I'm betting he either sat in the seat with his feet on the door with it open or stood leaning on it while he talked to people. Hinges are on my parts list.
    The other day I found a rear ended sedan on Pickles for $240. Reckon I'll get one like that for parts, chop the back off with the cipro saw at my dads and just bring the front home for parts. Rest to the scrap dealer. Flog off any good bits too.
    Did this with my last Commodore ute when it's V6 died. Paid $508 for a written off sedan, took out motor, trans, seatbelts, Mag wheels and spare, put motor in ute. Sold a few bits to the total of $100. Sold rest of car for $200 to a bloke who needed panels and other parts. Replacement motor from wrecker was going to cost $800 - 1000 plus freight.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  18. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Spares of a wreck a good idea.
    Now that you mention hinges it makes sense.
    XE s had a rep for busting exterior handles.
    Too much effort to open being a contributor .
    Hinges being an issue.

19. wombatventures

New on Evil bay $125 = $11 post, around $40 second hand. If I get a white falcon I can probably even use panels If they are needed. Especially with the number of grass hopper strikes the locals have been having lately.

20. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Nothing done today, to bloody cold and wet to go outside.