1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you do to your Non-Kombi VW or other car today?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by melissa, Jun 19, 2016.

1. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Back at you Chris. Heading of Xmas day mate after lunch.

2. Blunderbus

Blunderbus Active Member

Not today but over the weekend went 4wding Saturday night from 7.30pm til 3.30am Sunday, struggling to stay awake today o_O.

3. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Bought plugs,filters & fuel line for the son's BMW R65.
    Valve adjust,timing, new plugs n filters & she's running like a dream again.;)
    Love old, German machinery........:cool:
    Cheers,
    Mark

4. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Picked the right day - hot & humid to wash & chamois it just in time for the strom to roll through ...... parked under shade sails so then got rinse courtesy of the weather.

5. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

Hey , all help great fully accepted Bert

6. wombatventures

wombatventures Well-Known Member

So Paddy'll be clean if I get the chance to do a drive by!

7. KahunaKombi

Paddy sleeps/resides in the garage ..... it's the Honda that now lives outside under the shade sails :p

8. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Swore at it a lot yesterday. After having Chrissy lunch with the family we hit the road a 4 pm on our way to Perth. 350 ks up the road lost brakes, pulled into camping bay to stop for the night. Left rear wheel very smelly and hot, very hot. Cracked a tinnie and began swearing. 2 minutes later carked another tinnie and swore louder. Same thing happened 6 months ago up port Douglas but I didn't feel the wheel. I thought may have been old fluid and when cooled down all was good again till yesterday. I had brakes checked before and fluid drained and re done. I'm thinking I may have a sticky wheel cylinder or buggered return springs or so. Half way through second tinnie decided to go back home. Not risking the paddock run with this problem. So hunted the toybus home 110 all the way not worrying about the hot wheel. 200 ks down road pulled up for cuppa and felt the wheel, it was cold as ice. Set sail another 150 ks to home, got in about 2am, unloaded all we needed in the Hyundai. Went in and went to bed, not swearing as much now. Up at 7 this morning and on the road 8.30 am, just last half hour pulled in to caravan park in port Augusta. No swearing and having a cold tinnie.

9. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Dimentia.
    :p
    Take the handbrake off

chris taylor, David H and BrianK like this.
  10. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Jumped in the Touareg at 7am (when Scott got home from work) and rolled into Melbourne at 6pm.

11. KahunaKombi

My initial thought also Col or mechanic tighten the rear shoes up too tight and it took that long to wear down & in the process the hydraulic fluid to boil and send bubbles through the lines ..... buggered wheel cylinder leaking fluid would be more noticeable when handbrake applied when car oparked overnight and next outing car reluctant to move then a thud/clunk as shoe releases from drum (fluid leaked onto shoe adn with hot drums sticks).

12. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Bert and Col, I have never even put the hand brake on guys. But the last couple of times I have backed out my driveway I have heard grabbing noise, but I never gave it a thought and just drove off, have been Adelaide and every where without prob. But if hand brake on one side some how come on when backing out then I'm happy with that. I will get it fixed when we get home. At least in the Hyundai we have aircon and better fuel economy lol. We at border village in cabin tonight. 950 ks today. I will sort the toybus out as will be doing the Darwin run next year. Cheers for the input guys.

13. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Was just taking the piss Brian but obviously something has jammed on intermittently.
    A dismantle and check should reveal.
    Check for wear limit as well.

Old story.
    If in doubt replace it.
    Most of the stuff in there is cheap.

Safe trip. :)

BrianK likes this.
  14. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

A

All good mate, will get it sorted, just sitting here watching a live video of our son lying on the ground with ambo peeps every where. He and wife and kids with other family playing at the tennis courts. He in a bad way, smashed ankle bone hanging out tha back and I'm watching it live with a coldie. Maybe better turn around and head back home.

15. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Only thing I can say...
    Shit!!!

Hope things get better.
    Good luck

Col

16. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

I sent you a video on messenger Col

17. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Thank goodness it wasnt a shot of the bone sticking out.

He seemed pretty chilled .
    Must be a good dose of meds or is he just trying to chat up the female ambo ;)

18. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

They loaded him up mate, I didn't want to show you the other one. He not happy boy, already rang his boss, his boss even came and seen him. He only on contract work so worried about money. He not at mines any more. Drives big forklift on wharf. I've been told I have to mow the lawn when I get there, I said to Cathy we go back home tomoz.lol.

19. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Good luck with it all.
    At least you are both retired now and can change movements as needed.

BrianK likes this.
  20. deeksy62

deeksy62 Well-Known Member

Drove both of our non VW cars this week, Commodore wagon and a E class Benz, both now at almost 300,000 kms and they are both about stuffed, need to get rid of both of them and just have one car for the good wife, but what?
    GLC Benz is not to big and not to expensive, the new Q5 is getting good wraps or a good S/H Q7?
    Any suggestions?
    Steve