Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by melissa, Jun 19, 2016.
The days of desktop assessments based on photos to save costs are gone?
Especially as the clutch runs off the brake master cylinder reservoir.
I think they are just way out of their depth on this one and looking to pass the technical inspection on to someone else. Then the assessor can try to cut the claim down or just write it off. That seems to be the way with motorcycle insurance claims these days, they don't have clue what to look for so they write it off as an un-repairable write for just a fairing damage or fuel tank scratch.
Decided to get our box trailer registered, to lend to a friend in Bathurst, who is constantly renting trailers.
It’s another “1 owner” vehicle, that I bought new in 1984, but the rego renewal in 1991 failed to arrive, so has been unregistered since. The rego plate has disappeared of the ACT rego system, and the 4 digit VIN stamped into the draw bar, also caused some minor issues.
Now I though Michelin made good tyres, but after only 30 years, cracks have appeared in the sidewalls, even though they still held air!
So with new tail lights, new front markers, new number plate light, repack & adjust the bearings, and new tyres, it passed a roadworthy, and was issued a new plate, to be back on the road once again……..
And being of use again:
Only you could pack a trailer that neatly Love the matching paint on the trailer and that rat look so popular with box trailers.
Please tell me that bench seat didn’t end up at the tip……
I’ve just restored something similar for our front porch.
Not just me Phil. That was loaded by the friend that has borrowed the trailer.
Was a keeper Mark. That pic was sent to me after a pick up at a storage facility in the Southern Highlands, on it’s way back to Bathurst.
Not saying what this is out of but I'm pretty sure it's not what a piston is supposed to look like!
View attachment 60390
The rest of it is
bound to be in the sump some where.
Not even any good for a ash tray either.
That could be the rough idle issue….
Yep and hanging out the block! I'll lay all the pieces out for a photo on the weekend.
Look forward to seeing it Terry
Ran as smooth as ever the day before. Started and ran pretty well on the morning it broke. The clatter and then the bang happened over about a hundred metres by the time I pulled up.
Who has guessed which one of my vehicles it is?
Found most of the bits...
Rest of rod and gudgeon pin are a bit stuck!
Wow that's a mess .
Good luck mate.
Not the Dinky went Kaput or kaboom
Got it in one Wayne. I think years of pottering around paddocks might have not lent itself to being driven a couple of hundred km in a day at 80-90kmh. A lot of the coolant lines and galleries have a fair bit of crud in them so I'm pretty sure it wasn't always cooling properly.
I picked up a Charade motor (CB block, so the same) not long after it went bang, but other priorities have kept me from getting stuck in. All I can use is the block and internals. The original head is pretty good, have to use all of the ancillaries and put a small patch on the sump where Uncle Rodney tapped a hole.
Next I'm going to try to work out a diff that isn't at 4.875:1 or 6.83:1, I haven't checked which it is yet.
Time for big feet, a Chevy in the tray and a set of wheelie bars.
Separate names with a comma.