1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do men want........

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DaisyGirl, Apr 9, 2012.

1. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

I'm thinking if we can talk about house renos and finances etc. we can talk about relationships can't we?

Anyway I'm baffled cause I just can't meet someone who I am compatible with soooo maybe I need to know what you guys want exactly.....

2. Justin

Justin Active Member

probably a question that never really should be asked ? :lol:

apart from the fact that you can ask 20 different guys and get 20 different answers . . .

3. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

You've got a Kombi.

There's a start.:D

4. fekkinell

fekkinell Member

I can safely say we don't want anything that's written in the style of 'Top 10 things guys want' columns. ;)

I've just come out of a 4 year relationship. I think they key to it was that above everything else, she is my best friend. Thing is though, she feels we are both heading in different directions. (ie. She wants to travel, I don't. She wants to live in the inner city, I want to live on the fringes) So she called it off... but we're still friends.

5. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

C'mon Phill, female WITH kombi, that's gotta count for two doesn't it :cool:
    This is going to be one of those how long is a piece of string threads ;)
    Cheers, Mark

6. Quincy1874

Quincy1874 Member

It's not what we want, it is want we need. . .

Beer, food, sex, sleep. Not entirely in that order however. ;)

7. kombijon

kombijon Member

Well i'm single, and i want someone who will flash their boobs quite often, and bring me tea when i'm working on stuff. i'm currently undertakin alot of house reno'sa so im cool with that, i've just built a big garage so car stuff is ok, and someone who will have a laff is a bonus too! am i askin too much?

8. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

This is a family show, so the obvious "fellatio", is gonna get canned.... ;)

Aside that, yes the Kombi, and Quincy has pretty much nailed it.. :)

9. fekkinell

fekkinell Member

I'm 12... is fellatio one of the Muppets?

;)

10. KombiMadness

KombiMadness Well-Known Member

What you want in a man in your head, and what you want in a man in your heart, are two completely different things. Deep down, as for all of us, you will know within a few weeks if someone is possibly 'right for you'..... but then it gets complicated as so many other factors creep in - timing is a huge one, good communication skills, sharing some similar goals or at least, philosophies of life, sexual compatibility, honesty & trust, sharing (as we get older we get more set in our ways), etc. It's a complex mix that doesn't happen often, hence so many single people out there. And even if you find this 'mix' and it works for months, years or even decades; there is no guarantee it won't change. Look at the divorce rate....
    Personally, I think that 'timing' is the biggest one. Meeting someone at the right time for them, which is also the right time for you! A tough one....

Good luck and never give up on your ideals or following your heart. Choosing someone just because they are good looking, or good in bed, or make a good income, or they are exciting, etc, on it's own, is doomed to failure. I think you are very brave posting this question here but hey, everything is worth a shot..... :)

11. Red Kev

Red Kev Member

A Sham Wow®

12. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

It was a serious question but also one I was hoping would generate a bit of a laugh :cool:
    Yes I did know I would get the usual ribald comments and the ones just for fun :) but I was also hoping for an honest answer like yours so thankyou I appreciate it.

13. gazman

gazman Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHA I'm with you there Jon :lol:

14. DakDak67

DakDak67 Guest

Internet dating... some may laugh but it worked for me and many of my friends, all long term and most married now...

15. VolksVair

VolksVair New Member

want woman with boat, please send picture of boat

16. larrywaves

larrywaves Member

i met my lady on the internet to.Second woman i met and as soon as i met her i new she was something special. Ten years this year ALL OF THEM GREAT. Give it a try but no what you are after before you start.Good luck.:) :heart: :)

17. larrywaves

larrywaves Member

I did not think that no looked right......Know:lol:

18. 3Amigos

3Amigos Active Member

ditto... announced engagement on the weekend :D

19. ian.mezz

ian.mezz New Member

thats the thing , it shouldnt be about what people want, it just happens . some times good .some times not so good , but thats what living is all about .:D

20. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Seriously though Liss, what we want & what we have can be universes apart......my marriage has lasted 30 years because we both give & take. A relationship is all about negotiation imo. If either partner wants & expects to have it all their way, it's doomed to failure. Let's not forget that people change as life goes on, we must be prepared to accept that for a relationship to last, continuous effort is required. Remember the good times & work towards more of them. If the effort seems too great or not worth it, move on. The right person is out there for you.....;) Cheers, Mark