1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do men want........

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DaisyGirl, Apr 9, 2012.

1. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

So a male friend of mine said to me 'you will never get a boyfriend because you are too damn independent' - what does this mean to you guys?

Do you want to be the knights, the hunters and gathers both of which I would be happy to have in a relationship but I would still like us to be independent of each other within ourselves - am I asking for the impossible. be joyous Liss

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2012
  2. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

"Too damn independent", to me, means you want everything your way, or done your way......
    A successful relationship - imo - requires two folks to allow each other to take the reins every now & then, make mistakes & accept the outcome. None of us can do everything perfectly all the time (even if we think we can). Part of a relationship is showing that you care for your partner.This may mean initiating something that your partner might do another way, but they go along with it anyway 'cause it's being done for all the right reasons......even if the outcome is not up to your standards.
    It's damn hard to let go of control sometimes but if you don't, your partner will never feel as though they are contributing.......
    Like your kombi Liss, your fella will find you......
    Cheers, Mark

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  3. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Some Guys are scared of strong women. Hold on to your principals and you will find the right guy for you. Its like buying a Kombi. Takes time to get the right one but you will know when you find it! Enjoy the search.

4. ian.mezz

ian.mezz New Member

Id say buy a Dog or cat.
    they don't care who you are or what you do or don't do :lol: and they make a great companion.:D

5. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

Hmmm..... food for thought Mark.
    I didn't know this guy until I was single so I'm guessing it wass a case of me having to take stock of my life and take control of my situation having been in a relationship where we could rely on each other for the past 18 years so maybe it looked like I was 'Miss Independent'.
    I didn't want to get into another relationship straight away and I have no family to fall back on so I had to learn to rely on myself and support my kids on my own.

Thanks Alpal - yes I should certainly put it under the heading of Shopping around for a Kombi - I didn't rush into it when I was lookin' for Daisy but I did find her on ebay....now if only........

Thks Ian I intend getting both when I settle on the Central Coast.

Thanks guys for helping me sort things and for taking an interest. Liss

6. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

So a conversation today with one of my gf talkin' about how I am moving. she said it takes a bit of courage cause it's stepping out of my comfort zone after I mentioned the usual qualms about leaving familiar places with lots of friends and acquaintances and it made me think - that's why I am having trouble meeting someone I am compatible with cause none of the guys I have met want to step out of their comfort zones and that's not just about moving geographically.
    Me I love pushing the boundaries especially since I no longer have children at home and can do what I want, how I want, when I want.

7. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

I think enjoy the independence, enjoy the freedom, enjoy the challenges and enjoy what you have. I dont think think there is a Mr / Mrs Right out there, as many have said I think there will be someone out there that you can share your life with and with acceptance of who each person is have a great and enjoyable time. Hope that makes sense, I know what i`m trying to say ;)

8. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

Cool Squidy - I get what you are saying.....think sometimes writing rather than conversation makes one sound a bit harsh or something. But yeah just want someone to hang out with who like you say I can have an enjoyable time with, without restrictions on each others essence of self. :)

9. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

Nicely put, good luck with your move to the Central Coast, seems like there are plenty of Kombi folk up that way.

10. phatratpat

phatratpat New Member

turn up naked ! and bring beer,and pizza !!:D

11. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

Turn up naked AND bring beer and Pizza - :wtf:

Plus - the naked thing might scare the bejezus out of you and I don't drink beer and only eat vegetarian pizza!

12. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Who said the beer was for you?

13. phatratpat

phatratpat New Member

or the pizza !!:rolleyes: