1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What made you happy today....?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by oldman, Apr 30, 2020.

1. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

watched it all here between nana naps. Good to see Scotty Pye from mount gambier finish 6th.

KahunaKombi and oldman like this.
  2. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Bathurst @ times seems to follow a path of meant to be :rolleyes:
    It was edge of the seat viewing and the commentators continually commenting on negative things (mechanical failures) of past races we thought you just put the mocka on SVG/GT :eek:.
    Actually didn't care who won as long as it wasn't DJRTP after the most disgraceful act in the history of the great race they pulled last year :mad:.

3. KahunaKombi

Brian, should have had micro naps when the ads were on :rolleyes: ..... managing refills & pit stops to when the ads were on is also an artful exercise ;)

BrianK likes this.
  4. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Picked up a complete fuel injection system from a '76:D. IMG_1155.JPG
    Gurus to tell me if it's all there:oops:. I think it is. Loom,computer,injectors,afm,air filter box, cold start injector,fuel pump,twin relay, manifolds (can't identify the vacuum canisters purpose but may be related to anti pollution stuff)
    Another for the spares hut:).
    Cheers

TeeBee, Wayne murray and Mr Beckstar like this.
  5. Mr Beckstar

Mr Beckstar Well-Known Member

You’ll be able to make a complete second Kombi soon! :D

David H and chris taylor like this.
  6. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

The kombi is missing;) and the rest of the engine:p.
    Nice gain.:)

7. KahunaKombi

Electrician had to be organised to check solar inverter as original one on the fritz (TF'd). Arrived on time and evaluated the solar system - we had no idea what was there except 16 + 8 panels on roof and 3kw inverter in garage ..... happens there's 5kw of panels on the roof and the 3kw = insufficient to cope .... mmm this was one scenario I spoke to the wife about = I was right :rolleyes:.
    New 5kw inverter sorted out and installed along with tidying up of the AC & DC cables and fireproof backing affixed to wall :).
    Now we got a solar system that is working and hopefully there'll be no need to re-boot it as has been the morning chore every 2nd or 3rd day :D.
    Young electrician and more than willing to help and explain things to us ;).

oldman and chris taylor like this.
  8. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

Thats amazing. Im not up to date with this type of stuff but that seems to be a very bad and dangerous installation. Its good yr now on top of it Bert.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020 at 4:42 PM
  9. T1 Terry

T1 Terry Well-Known Member

Common to over size the solar compared to the inverter, makes sure you get the full 3 kW output summer or winter ...... but 5kW into a 3kW inverter .... a big ask as far as overload goes when the panels are cool first thing in the morning.
    Just hope the power mob don't get wind of you now having a 5kW inverter but only a 3kW on the contract or they will cut your rebate to next to nothing .....
    We end up fitting a number of off grid system because of this sort of thing, customer gets screwed over by the power mob as far as rebates or demands that all the panels must be replaced after a roof repair required the panels to be removed .... then cut their feed in tariff to a fraction of what they were getting before claiming the system is no longer the system they contracted to pay the feed in tariff ....

T1 Terry

David H, KahunaKombi and chris taylor like this.
  10. KahunaKombi

Hey Chris, yeah when we bought this place we noticed stuff and shifty $hit happening but wife said don't worry :p Tried to avoid the expense but as wife couldn't agree on a new house we've been hit with extra spend here & she complains about the spend :eek: as for me well I'm over listening :confused:

11. KahunaKombi

Not sure how it works up here in Qld but the elecrtical company we used does all the paperwork with the authorities so we'll see what happens.

Governments are full of $hit and the power companies also as far as I see it - they subsidise the clean energy mobs but charge you for the privilege x2.

12. T1 Terry

T1 Terry Well-Known Member

About the only thing they all have in common is the look of disbelief when you tell them to disconnect your house from the mains ..... closely followed by all sorts of amazing deals they suddenly have but never mentioned before ......
    Apparently, but I'm yet to confirm it, SA Power are offering certain time of day grid power for the purpose of charging a house battery pack and they will pay you to take the energy of of the grid :confused: I think there has to be a catch somewhere, like you have to keep the battery linked to the grid so they can take that power back when ever they want/need it .... that would not make me happy to discover the power I thought I had stored isn't there any more and the tricky meter wants to charge max $$ for peak time of use ......

T1 Terry

13. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

Agree with u T1.
    Just got my power bill $400 not much compared to some peoples ,saw someting on the back of the bill "re" gov concessions. So rang the appropriate gov dept and found out yes i am entitled to it, so the lady on the other end of phone back dated what was owed to me and next bill i should recieve a credit for $360..Now thats does make me happy. So any body out thats retired and not getting it rememder ,YOU are entitled to it.

oldman, cbus and Grantus like this.