1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What made you happy today....?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by oldman, Apr 30, 2020.

1. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

You got to love the VW Owners Manual(s) :confused:

Rocky the T-ROC has a Digital Cockpit ..... functional & looks good :)

BUT being a refill the tank and re-set the Trip Meter/Odometer person presented some time wasting with RTFM'ing o_O ..... the instructions provided do not take you to where you need to get to reset :(

SO some Infotainment icon tapping and welleyebeefhooked worked it out .... HAPPY the trip odometer was zeroed :D .... Select Car in the infotainment then Settings then scroll to instrument cluster then scroll to reset odometer (other countries have reset trip odometer) so in Oz select reset odometer and up pops a screen Reset Trip Odometer select RESET :) .... now why couldn't VW give simple 5 steps to do it :eek:

David H and chris taylor like this.
  2. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

Thats rather odd Bert. The Caddy is so simple. There is a button on the dash ,when i fill ot up just one push on the. Button andits reset.Easy as .

3. KahunaKombi

Hey Chris, do you have analog or digital speedo/tacho etc ..... Reschs (2016 Golf GTI 40 years) has analog and there is a button in the centre of the dash with 00 on it and I push it to zero the trip meter.

Too much technology in many cars and it just complicates some of the simple tasks :confused: ..... many people would be lucky to use 10%/20% of what is available.

I haven't gone the auto pilot parking experience yet as I've no issue reverse or forward parking in tight spots :D ..... so many alarms warning you're getting to close :p

David H likes this.
  4. David H

David H Well-Known Member

I'd have failed the IBF test:(.
    Too complicated for me.
    I can press the reset button.
    @ as for the program the stereo....I'll ask you @KahunaKombi.
    Cheers

5. KahunaKombi

Loading radio station Logos is a snack :D ..... colour on the normal black/white screen :oops: ..... wife basically called me a tosser until they were loaded up - oooohhhhh that looks so much better :confused: so who turned out to be the tosser o_O

David H likes this.
  6. chris taylor

I have two , one is digital. The other is normal plus tacho.

7. chris taylor

G/day Bert.2 photos of the speedo set up on my Caddie 20201027_095234.jpg 20201027_095246.jpg
    On the bottom R/hand corner u will see a button with the markings # 00/set,
    This is what i use to reset trip meter

8. TeeBee

TeeBee Well-Known Member

Zero covid cases, two days in a row, in Victoria :)
    Shops re-opening tomorrow :):):)

Ninga, melissa, Elsie 76 and 3 others like this.
  9. KahunaKombi

So sounds like you get a digital speed shown
    Ok so you've got an analog dash with digital display for speed and other things if you choose ..... this is a similar setup to Reschs but his 00 button is in the middle.

This is the digital cockpit - central display you can configure to show radio station/media playing or phone or navigation map or / or. Somethings can be set on the steering wheel buttons and others through the Settings in the Infotainment System.

[​IMG]

chris taylor likes this.
  10. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Congrats to you TeeBee, along with all the other Victorians, who did the right thing whilst enduring one of the longest and strictest lockdowns on the planet. :)

No similar result, has been seen anywhere else in the world. :rolleyes:

Still a shame that it was ever needed at all, but hopefully they have learnt from their mismanagement. :mad:

11. KahunaKombi

After waiting 3 weeks the new toll tag arrived :) ..... expect that as it had to come from Victoria it had to go into quarantine @ Aust Post for 14 days :rolleyes:
    Something purchased from the UK arrived in 10 days :D

TeeBee, David H and chris taylor like this.
  12. KahunaKombi

Rocky wash day o_O ..... chamois dry in the garage (more like a sauna) :confused: ..... so it was get the Big Green Sucker out (for those that don't this chamois :rolleyes: it is a Bowdens Microfibre towel - yes it's big and it's Green) & as I had heard good things about it thought lets see how good it works :p ..... I towelled/chamoised the full exterior of Rocky and never had to wring it out once :D - yup amazed @ that feat as even using a microfibre towel & a Amorall Honeycomb Chamois I would normally wring them out @ least 4 times :eek:. I had doubts about the claim as to how good it was :oops: ..... but no more as it does a great job and happy I bought it & in fact considering getting a 2nd ;)

Wayne murray and chris taylor like this.
  13. chris taylor

Morning Bert
    have not heard of them before ,what store if any did you get it from,

14. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

oldman, Kazz and TeeBee like this.
  15. KahunaKombi

Hi Chris,
    I got mine from Supercheap Auto but they are also available from AutoBarn and Repco shops also or as Greg has posted the link to direct purchase from Bowdens ;) then add delivery cost.
    I waited until they were on special @ Supercheap as I reckoned $25.00 was a reasonable price for them and not $38.00 RRP :eek:.

Bowdens say they will hold 2.5 litres of water ..... which I'd say is close = a damn lot and the towel gets heavy with that amount.

chris taylor likes this.
  16. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

What is the point of them?
    Why not just use a normal chamois and wring after each wipe so you are not lugging 2.5kg’s each time??

17. chris taylor

20201031_080843.jpg a mate of mine saw this and bought it for me. Yep it made me HAPPY.:D

18. chris taylor

Did u ask for seniors discount Bert.

19. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

I tried out the new NorthConnex toll road today that cuts out Pennant Hills Road - it was fabulous!! For those of you that have ever been stuck on that terrible road, it is definitely worth the $7.99 toll!

David H, wirrah, Grantus and 2 others like this.
  20. T1 Terry

T1 Terry Well-Known Member

Wow, I didn't even know this was under construction, been out of NSW that long apparently. That is a long tunnel and will certainly improve traffic flow. I'm guessing the trucks all use the tunnel. Pennant Hills road used to scare the bejesus out of me when I was dragging over width loads up and down there when working for the rail mob, no room and idiots driving right up the side and swerving around the ballast regulator blades that stuck out each side, then swing back towards the centre line/side of the trailer and stop waiting at the traffic lights to turn left :mad: I'd get a green light but I couldn't go because I'd remove the car roof or the head of one dizzy blonde that did the same thing in an open top car :confused:

T1 Terry