1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What made you happy today....?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by oldman, Apr 30, 2020.

1. T1 Terry

T1 Terry Well-Known Member

Do the fact searches and present them to the assessor if your facts don't agree with their offer, they are just as vulnerable to legal action as anyone, but they risk loosing their assessor ranking or even their licence if there is more behind the actions than a simple error in their assessment .... like thinking you are a total putz and will accept they have god like powers ......

In my case, I showed the actual definition of a Statutory Write Off due to fire damage and showed my vehicle did not meet those criteria ...... that really puts the wind up them ...... then I sent actual online advertisements of the price for vehicle the same year as mine and the same upgrade package and this proved the market value was much higher than the offer made. From that point it was a matter of negotiations using figures they had already supplied and inserting different figures where I deemed they had made an error .... this went back and forth at a slow rate via email and "private number" phone calls, until I found his mobile number and email address on the salvage assessment Pickles supplied him ;) things moved much faster then, when he could no longer hide :p :lol:
    I wanted the vehicle back, so I offered the Pickles assessed value be deducted from the actual $$ pay-out ... then squeezed in the free tit-tray service to return the car to me :cool: it was sort of a "at least I had a sort of a win"on his part and I got even more than I expected, so I'm real happy ... just wait till we cancel the remaining insurance and they have to refund us that money as well :D

T1 Terry

2. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Sweet icing on the cake;):p:D.
    Cheers

3. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Banana pancakes with maple syrup and a plunger of best black. Great start to the day!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    melissa, oldman and wombatventures like this.
  4. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Nor’easters kicking in at 8:30 this morning……
    Bugger of a breeze for my local but it does mean we’re settling in to a summer pattern :D
    Cheers,
    Mark

Barry and melissa like this.
  5. Kazz

Kazz Well-Known Member

The NE is a good breeze for sailing up and back the Pittwater and a loop around Scotland Island.
    One of the early Americas Cup boats moored and some nice original boat sheds and a “Junk” I’d have to call it and back on our mooring at Salt Pan………….not a bad day !!
    upload_2021-10-22_15-55-42.jpeg
    upload_2021-10-22_15-56-4.jpeg
    upload_2021-10-22_15-56-36.jpeg
    upload_2021-10-22_15-57-1.jpeg

grumble, oldman, Grantus and 3 others like this.
  6. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Ketch owner’s lips are curling at your reference of Junk !
    Great day to be on the water…..very few “visitors” so far…..;)
    Cheers,
    Mark

7. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Bought some rego on Monday for the Kanga Banga, and now allowed to actually go further, with the lifting of lockdown.

Fresh tank of fuel, and driven it everyday this week. Forgotten how much fun it is to drive! :)

BrianK, Wattie, Luckyphil and 2 others like this.
  8. T1 Terry

T1 Terry Well-Known Member

Got into yet another argument with the people actually doing the paperwork in regards to actually paying out the claim. Quite expected the excess deduction, but trying to claim % refunds of the rego and CTP was not gunna happen because the vehicle was remaining registered. Next piece of B/S was the insurance wouldn't be refunded, even though it had only just been paid because they claimed a total write off negated and refund of the remaining policy .... I pointed out they could not cancel the policy because there was still a 3rd party damage claim pending on a second claim on the same policy ..... that caused all sorts of mayhem .... then they tried to claim a crazy amount in Input Tax Credits that may or may not have been claimed on the business tax .... even though it was regarded as 50/50 private and business.

The second claim ended up getting moved to another vehicle, the one towing the trailer when the Prius rolled off and ran amok up the side of a customer's caravan ...... then they could cancel the insurance ..... fine, but the first claim was dated before the insurance was renewed, so they now have to refund 100% of the insurance renewal ...... someone didn't think that one through very well eh :lol: Now we have a "Please explain" as to where they came up with the Input Tax Credits figure, the old policy was all but expired so the the full value of that policy was used ......

Waiting to see where it goes from here, they just keep digging themselves a deeper hole ..... Wait till they send us a "Survey" about our experience making this claim, then discover that we are so p*ssed off with the treatment we are looking to move our 12 policies elsewhere :p
    I think we will use an insurance broker in future, they can handle the B/S and probably get us an even better deal because they know where to hit that will cause the most pain :D

T1 Terry

grumble likes this.
  9. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

I regained possession of the custom made slats that Grant made for my previous DOKA. They were never fitted however will now go into my current DOKA :)

melissa, Grantus, cbus and 2 others like this.
  10. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

I can see this is going to be another impressive build

Luckyphil likes this.
  11. Luckyphil

Will be nice but not sure about impressive :)

12. Grantus

Go the round super magnet fitting method! :)

Wayne murray and Luckyphil like this.
  13. Luckyphil

Thats the plan and will be finished with Tung Oil

14. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

if it’s anything like the blue DOKA

There are 2 cars I should have bought in my past.
    A silver 914 that was immaculate about 10 years ago that I should have bought.
    Seen it occasionally for much more than I could have paid

And Phil’s blue DOKA

15. Luckyphil

I had a good look at the blue DOKA today as it was Brendon that had the slats. It still looks great and he said he will NEVER sell it :)

16. Grantus

At least it’s still in the KC community. :)

Luckyphil likes this.
  17. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

Wonder were that idea come from:rolleyes::D

Luckyphil likes this.
  18. Grantus

Full credit to you. Brilliant solution:)

Love the way you, (well, Phil at least), can just quickly remove them, and put them aside, for the tip run, or mulch collection, without any damage to them. ;)

Can’t ever imagine your DOKA with a yard load of rubbish going to the tip, or a scoop of paving sand etc, dropped into the tray….. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    Luckyphil and Wayne murray like this.
  19. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

You are right, batten been handed down to the younger single cab.;)

20. Luckyphil

Mine has already done a tip run as well as picked up a load of rolls of turf and decking boards. With appropriate tray protection in place :)
    Thanks for the idea Wayne.

Wayne murray and Grantus like this.