1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What was your first post?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Van Housing, Mar 1, 2019.

1. paul77

paul77 Well-Known Member

My first post in Dec 2011.

“I've been stalking these forums for some time and finally picked up my first Kombi this morning. It is a 77 deluxe bus in reef blue and I can't get the grin off my face from driving it around:) Got my first Kombi wave from a guy in a early golf convertible, very cool.”

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    Van Housing likes this.
  2. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Checked AVD and has me registered on 26th May 2004 ;) ..... strange as this is the wife's birthday.
    Was pointed towards that forum by old_dubber as he was a client of mine @ Main Roads & Transport ..... gave me some insight into the arising of AVD that he and Mick Duffy (Mick Motors) had discussed :rolleyes::eek: & I've no reason to doubt it.

Van Housing likes this.
  3. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

11 years ago in a few weeks and apparently I was lurking around here for a period before on Tammy's account. If you had told me what would happen as a result of that decision back then I seriously wouldn't have believed you. So many wonderful times and meeting up with so many wonderful people. I am sure there is more to come.

https://forums.kombiclub.com/threads/the-other-side-of-pinkscrapbooker.12654/

Havent got time atm to go chasing her posts but may be intersting to see.

Adrian

Van Housing, melissa and oldman like this.
  4. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Hey Adrian, so is/was "Millicent" now "Spotty Herbert" - now Scotty & Melissa's...?
    Cheers,
    Mark

Van Housing and Mordred like this.
  5. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

No I don't think it is - Millicent sounds like a camper - Spotty is a micro

Van Housing, Mordred and oldman like this.
  6. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Ah yes, I missed the "pop-top" conversion reference......;)
    Cheers,
    Mark

Van Housing and melissa like this.
  7. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    Van Housing likes this.
  8. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

Milly was our mustard yellow Microbus modded Camper. We drove her to Mt Gambier and Narooma and possibly Swan Hill Busstops before passing her to Kombiwomble (Karina) who had for a few years before passing her to another local kombi owner who is converting her to subaru power. He has spent a lot of time on the body which was much worse than we knew when we had it, but she is close to coming back on the road now. I had another yellow kombi called Magda while we had Milly, but she has since disappeared and then we had Olive (Spotty Herbert) before acquiring The Doctor from Aime in Ballarat, who we first met and travelled with on the trip to Mt Gambier. (BTW Mt Gambier was our first trip to the mainland in a vehicle to meet people I had only ever talked to online. Little did we know what we were in for, and the things it would lead to including buying the best bus we have ever had.

Adrian

Van Housing, BrianK, melissa and 2 others like this.
  9. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Van Housing and Mordred like this.