1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do you keep your fire extinguisher?

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by emby, Feb 20, 2010.

1. emby

emby Active Member

I'm sick of mine rattling round and know I should mount it somewhere that's easy to hand should I ever need it.

Where do most people keep theirs?

2. StevieVW

StevieVW Well-Known Member

It's currently between my front seats. But I was thinking of mounting it to the hand brake vertical piece....

3. froger

froger Member

Mines left side of the gear stick mounted on the floor !!!

4. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Mines in front of the gear stick - just to right of centre attached to the kickboard. Maybe not the most accessible place but was practical for me at that time

5. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

I have one screwed to the passengers seat back and another one screwed in the boot near the left air vent but on the inside.

6. Leigh77

Leigh77 Member

i've got mine screwed into the vertical air duct behind the hand brake, easy to get to but still out of the way.

7. dewy75

dewy75 New Member

mine is mounted on top of the front wheel arch between the drivers seat and door

8. Wodewick

Wodewick New Member

Ours is screwed to the side of the dicky seat behind the passenger. Easily grabbed from either front seat.

9. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

I have one in the long gap under the seat that you access from the front. wrapped in a rag it doesnt rattle and comes out quick and easy if you need it. Can't come loose and get in the way either I carry another in the tool box that goes from car to car.

Adrian

10. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

We have one behind the passenger seat, and another lieing in the walk-through (I will eventually mount one on a cupboard in back).

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  11. Kombi Kiwi

Kombi Kiwi Member

Mine too is on the side between the front seats. I figure its good to have easy access to it from both front seats and the rear of my bus.

12. tar76

tar76 New Member

Put them to your closest exit , that way as you exit you grab the can also. no good in the back and something goes wrong and you have to stop get out open the back door grab .....bang she is up in flames and it's too late. i did a risk assement for this just recently and my nearst exit (driver) scored the best!

13. greenbay

greenbay New Member

ours is currently rattling around in the back as the position i had it bolted in behind the passengers seat was a pain everytime we go away and have to lift the esky over the top,it was also causing a bit of discomfort for my beautiful daughter (some refer to her as devil spawn)as she seemed to head butt it a lot on her way in:lol: .

14. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

The bay's is under the passenger seat in that perfect hollow, the splitty's is just behind the drivers seat, mounted laying down and the T3 has it mounted just behind the drivers seat, mounted on the wall near the seatbelt. They are all in easy reach for the driver - fingers crossed I never have to use them.

15. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

MIne is bolted up under the dash just below the air duct, above the clutch peddal

16. Necro

Necro Active Member

In my pants, never know when I will need one.....:p

17. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

As close to the fire as is practical, but within easy reach... ;)

18. Marty

Marty Active Member

with the kack under the passenger seat.

19. Just Corey

Just Corey New Member

I had mine in the foot groove at the back base of the passenger seat until I redid the interior rubber and decided it wasn't th most accessable spot to get to incase of a fire. Stupidly I have left it loose in the boot waiting to mount it again. Starting to think either in the walk through or kick boards might be th ticket. Good question :D

20. Zombi

Zombi Active Member

Next question should be what size extinguishers do you have and is it really big enough to put out an engine fire :O