1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to camp Port Macquarie and Byron

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Yellowhawk, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Yellowhawk

Yellowhawk Member

Hey guys. Well the Kombi is finally taking it's first trip. My wife is taking the kids for a road trip up the North Coast this week (I have to work). Was wondering if you could advise good family friendly caravan parks in probably Port Macquarie and Byron Bay. Preferably close to the beaches and townships but most of all safe and kid freindly. Any advise would be greatly appreciated as they are a bit nervous on their first trip in the van.

Thanks Guys.

P.s. KLO4 Yellow T3 - Give them a wave they are leaving tomorrow morning. Thanks Again. :) :(

2. lawso21

lawso21 Member

Sundowner in Port is the main one close to town
    Cheers
    Adam

3. twincabay

twincabay Active Member

camp at bonny hills its awsome overlooks the beach 15 min south port more character than sundowner but if you want night life and shops sundowner is the go. .Also recommend Crescent head 45 north port. Mitchell

4. lawso21

lawso21 Member

The park in Byron near the main street is nice and close to everything if you want to walk about, from memory it is called The First Sun
    Cheers
    Adam

5. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

The First Sun Tourist Park its next to the beach & in the heart of the CBD of Byron...you can walk everywhere from there :)

6. spearsy

spearsy Active Member

North Haven is about 3/4 hour south of Port.nice quiet spot near the beach,good fishing too.

7. Yellowhawk

Yellowhawk Member

thanks guys. Looks like the Sundowner then the first sun in byron are the go.. thanks again.

8. baldy_pixie

baldy_pixie Member

Sunshine park woolgaoola just past Coffs Harbour is a great one too and even pet friendly

9. vwwestland

vwwestland New Member

When in Byron go and see Hookupu surf shop in Lawson Street. Lots of cool Surf/VW gear!! Bought a nice shirt and postcard there couple 2 weeks ago, cool guy too.

If you go there say hi for me (Dennis from Holland ;))

10. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Can recommend the camp ground at Crescent head - all mod. cons. & a great takeaway to boot.Right on the headland at crescent & close to everything. If you're more adventurous, drive down the back road towards Plomer. Plenty of open camping & serviced sites along the dirt road - take your pick. It's an awesome stretch of coastline that gets "busy" as the school holidays progress. Cheers, Mark

11. sandyfeet

sandyfeet Member

Sundowner for sure. While you're there wander up the street and say G'day.

12. nickc

nickc Member

Go to cresent for sure, great family town. For Byron I'd look at clarks beach park, still walking distance but nice and shady and near the pass, I think they have just done alot of the facilities up. cheers nick