1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White paint for bumpers

Discussion in 'Body' started by Aspudis, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Aspudis

Aspudis Active Member

Hello KC friends

I am wanting to paint the bumpers on our 1975 Kombi Camper ‘Penny’.

Any suggestions on exactly what white to paint them? What is the normal colour used? Paint name/code would be appreciated.

Thanks, Nathan

2. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

I would paint it the same colour white as your roof. I've been looking for the original white for a 72 kombi.:rolleyes:. Earlier bay kombis people have used cloud white L581

3. Whitie

Whitie Well-Known Member

I used Rust Guard Epoxy Enamel, a semi gloss white epoxy paint available at auto parts store in a aerosol.
    The epoxy cures to a rock hard finish, great for bumpers.

4. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

I have had a recommendation to get them powder coated. More expensive than painting but a lot harder wearing. I believe it was around $200.

Adrian

5. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

I personally would go paint anyway.
    I initially went that way because my bumpers were unable to be taken to a file finish and i had to have them skimmed and painted.

But they are wearing great nearly 5 years on. And i unfortunately did not see a pole at the supermarket when down at sawtell busstop. But with some panel beating and a skim it was an easy respray.

6. Airfireman

Airfireman Active Member

I powder coated the front and rear bumper, towbar, bull bar and 5 x rims all at the same time and all now with matching colours

Still looks great 4 years later

Tim

Mordred likes this.