1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's Coming and Where are you staying?

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2016' started by mish13, May 7, 2015.

1. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Hi Linda, glad you are booked in and thanks for your offer to be our Easter Bunny. I will lock you in and let you know what is required. Thanks

Debstar and ruby6689 like this.
  2. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Linda what is your husbands name?

3. Linda Hawkins

Linda Hawkins Member

Michael, son Maxwell, orange bearded beast of a dog, Woof :)

4. Goymarr

Goymarr Member

I am happy to share a site with someone if my site is large enough to accomodate, i will just have my kombi and a small gazebo

ruby6689 likes this.
  5. old grey

old grey Well-Known Member

I'd like to take u up on that offer Goymar if it works out. I'll have my ute, my girlfriend, myself and beers.
    Hope to sort something out so we can get along to what should be an awesome time !

Goymarr and ruby6689 like this.
  6. Goymarr

Goymarr Member

Hopefully it's fine, I'm more than happy to share. My site is 32 which does look quite small on the map but I'm sure we will be able to work it out with a few Tetris style parking moves :)

Debstar likes this.
  7. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your kind offer, but unfortunately your site is not one of the ones big enough to share. :(

8. Goymarr

Goymarr Member

Bugger :( well at least I tried to help out. Don't let that stop your plans on coming Old Grey something will work itself out for you

9. old grey

old grey Well-Known Member

No worries.
    I was pretty much just going to rock up and see what happens. That's half the fun of a few days like this isn't it ?

10. Goymarr

Goymarr Member

It's happened in the past at several events I have been too and I have done it on one or two occasions and there always seems to be a place at the inn (or is that Christmas and not Easter?). Either way don't let it stop you from coming something will eventuate, I have faith in these kombi folk :)

11. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

:eek: As the organiser of last years Bus Stop this scenario was my worst nightmare.

Anyone who has not run one of these events has no idea how important it is for the organisers to know who and how many are coming. For instance there is the dinner that needs to be booked in advance and busses are being arranged to take members to the venue. The parking at the Camel Cup, how many kombis for the photoshoot to make sure there is enough room (this was a huge problem for me as the numbers kept expanding and the areas available were limited) if there is a meet and greet sausage sizzle nos. for food. The caravan park may have restrictions as to how many people it can legally hold to keep within Council sanitary regulations (yes this has been an issue)....the list goes on. There is lots of other KC events through the year where it wouldn't matter but this is the once a year National event which has a hell of a lot behind the scenes planning that goes into it.

It's a wonderful event and I'm sure once you have been to one you will understand what goes into it and you will definitely want to attend the next one.:D

12. Jemstar

Jemstar Member

jemstar, booked at the big four across the road , as booked out

13. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

I will keep you in mind if we get any cancelations at Apex :(

14. Jemstar

Jemstar Member

That would be great mate - unpowered site is fine and more than happy to share, there will be just me and a mate

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  15. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Ok can you please give me your names, thanks

16. Jemstar

Jemstar Member

Sorry mate,
    Jeremy & Nichole.

17. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

No problem, thanks for that

18. ruby6689

Nice to see so many QLDers making the journey. It must nearly be time to organise the convoys :D

Debstar likes this.
  19. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

I am not sure what days everyone is travelling on, some Qld are coming via Tasmania just to be different. :)

20. ruby6689

I know some will want to go on different days but the ones that are leaving one the same day may like to convoy, always nice for first timers and adds to the whole experience. As organiser, you will probably have to head down earlier. The convoy can be planned by those leaving together, you have way too much to do.

mish13 and Debstar like this.