1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's coming and where you staying?

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2009' started by StevieVW, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

Still looks like a great turnout, hope you guys have lots of fun.

2. understanding_mercury

understanding_mercury Member

Very disappointed we can't make it (ok I can't make it, Stevie is staying behind just in case he has too much fun without me :) ) Bonny Hills is such a beautiful spot so you'll all have a great time! But I'm planning a trip home in June, hopefully to coincide with Klubfest! And if Stevie pulls his finger out we may even be making the trek in a certain orange beast!

Amanda

3. minniemum

minniemum Member

Groan and sob.....we are out too:cry: . After much negotiation I have grudingly accepted that it is probably more important for my partner to spend the week studying water law at Melbourne Uni than for us all to be living it up at Bus Stop. Humph. OK , it is getting drier and dustier by the day in SA...but there would have been Easter eggs and kombis. Double humph. I have been promised Bus Stop 2010 and 2011 as compensation. Triple humph. If anyone is interested in site 79....close to the playground apparently...let me know. I hope you all have a fabulous kombi time this Easter - we will all look forward to meeting you sometime in the next decade :rolleyes: Anna :heart:

4. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

That's disappointing Anna! :( Hopefully, we will all meet-up over the next couple of years.... make sure your partner does well with the water law studies, so your sacrifice is worth it - and have a fun Easter! :)

5. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Disappointing, but the cause is a great one, having grown up at Clayton, where there was a river a couple of years back, I support any and all South Australians doing their bit to promote our right to access the water of the river system we live on.

Look forward to meeting you at busstop 2010

6. Kombigal

Kombigal Member

Another scratching

Sadly, Kombigal & Gav are pulling out because we are in Airlie Beach and it is a bit far to come. I did consider flying down but it just wouldn't be the same without Gav.

I have joined the rest of you in hell and am now working after getting away without for just under a year. :p I always seem to be in the wrong place for the seasons so have decided to let the seasons catch up with me and stay put until they do so to this end I have rented a house in the bush and am just quietly really enjoying it. Gav has undercover parking and gets to drive to and from work about half and hour each way, so it is the best of both worlds. Don't feel too sorry for me as I have managed to get the use of a small yacht whenever I please and one of those times will be over Easter so I will toast you all whislt rubbing shoulders with the rich and famous on Hamilton Island. Have a great time and look after the rest of the bubble girl fleet for me. Hope to catch up real soon. Not many Kombis around this neck of the woods. Most welcome to come and visit, I can take you sailing.

:heart: Jules

7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Jules you have an amazing ability to land on your feet ............with diamonds on the soles of your shoes ..........enjoy, but stay in contact ...........some hells are worse than others.

8. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Hey Jules,

we are in the next few months going to embark on the nomadic life. August is booked up with Rent a yacht at the start of the month, 41 foot cat with 8 of us going out to enjoy our love of sailing and drinking and kicking back loving the liife. Will then be racing through Hamo race week at the end of August, if you are still in the area up there, would love to do some little kombi convoys around the area, will most likely be spending all of August hanging out up there.

Gav will be missed at the Bus Stop. (as will you)

Cheers, Chris

9. Kombigal

Kombigal Member

Hey guys

Yes Doc I do feel truly blessed. My hell is fairly tolerable. Part time very flexible work, good hourly rate and a paradise to boot. It doesn't get much better than this. Did have one hairy moment when I thought I would have to work on Saturdays but that was cleared up today thank goodness. :p

Rocky, when you are ready to hit the high seas I will still be here. Pm me and I will give you my mobile number. We may just have a yacht race on our hands.

Will keep you posted.

Jules

10. the invisible smith

the invisible smith New Member

It is with sad regret that I too will have been forced to withdraw from this year's trip, due to other financial commitments.

So site 59 is now available, booked from the 10th -14th. Just PM me if you want to take over the booking.

A number of you have also ordered name tags. These will still be done, I will pass them on to another member to distrubute.

Have fun guys, I'm really disappointed to miss this one. :cry:

I even had my racing Kombi ready!

11. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

That is sad news Craig. :(

12. Van Housing

It's a shame that Jules and Craig won't be able to make it (as well as the other withdrawals) ... :( ... I hope we can catch up again another time.

13. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Thats realy invisible! Sad to hear.
    Next year????

14. greenbay

greenbay New Member

bugger,i was looking forward to having a beer with you Craig.

15. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Craig...you have to come my friend. I have a spare seat in a kombi and a two man tent, you can stay on our site with us :D

16. barefootfive

barefootfive New Member

To all of you that can't make it to Bonnie Hills :( , we are taking our camera and notebook so we can post pictures daily.
    We will also try to get a few of the convoy from Hetherbrae to Bonnie hills.
    So everyone on their best behaviour because pic's will be posted! :eek:
    Anything anyone wants pic's of just let us know (Judy's "Mercy"might feature heavily- we love it!):heart:

17. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

Craig, If you can get down there, I have a 8 man tent.

18. Animal

Animal Active Member

Cant wait to hook up with like minded(demented)Kombi folk,talk shit,drink beer,chase kids,play some blues,drink some more beer,cook up fine food.
    Hope our neighbours are cool...

Animal.

19. Van Housing

Mmmm, looking at the site list (and bearing in mind cancellations) I suspect Alice and I may end up surrounded by non-kombis!!! :eek:

but we will be next to the mini-golf.... and intend to get in a few games (beer in hand...) ... :)

20. juzbee

juzbee Member

I have a feeling your neighbours are the greatest!!! :p Actually a little birdie told me you couldnt possibly ask for better neighbours:cool: