1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 8

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ruby6689, Nov 4, 2012.

1. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

YEAH

Paragraphs

Changed my settings on Kombi Club and YES

Paragraphs and colour...I'm back in business. One win for this old girl :lol:

:)

2. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Lorraine the Techno head!:lol:

3. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

About the same. Been mixed up in IT now for about 35 years. Did go to Mac for three years but back at Win 7. The main issue I had with the Mac was that I did not have the licenses for the software I run as a web/IT developer and some of my mapping programs just don't have a Mac equivalent. This meant having a Mac but running Windows for half the time. When the Macbook died I bit the bullet for good or bad and returned to Windows. Win 7 works for me.

I have been seconded to experiment with the latest of all sorts of IT including Mac, Win 8 and mobile devices to deliver education on all sorts of devices. And, I thought I had retired at 60 in 2009?

Ian

4. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Why would anyone want an eye-phone?
    I'll just stick to my ear-phone.

5. kombi-man

kombi-man Member

That's what Microsoft is trying to do, make their operating system look and feel like Apple but make it more attractive because of the price and flexibility, only they haven't quite got it (by a long way).

Funny, Microsoft got hauled through major courts in the US because their windows software was too restrictive and bundled internet explorer etc, but what have Apple successfully done, locked you into a fixed device with an operating system that has fixed functionality and deemed warranty is invalid if jailbreak the operating system to make it more flexible.. only in America :)

6. phatratpat

phatratpat New Member

I only use windows 23 !!..........:rolleyes:.......sorry couldnt help myself.....will grab my hat and go now !....:cool:

7. kombi-man

kombi-man Member

LOL...
    I get it :)

8. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Exactly the point Phill :lol: :rolleyes: :p