1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiper Arms - Aussie Built Bay

Discussion in 'Fuel System & Electrics' started by Dubman, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

It seems no amount of of bending and twisting can get my Wiper arms into the correct position. leaving my wipers not clearing the glass properly.
    A while back I purchased a replacement set from JK only to find that they only suit imports.
    Looks like TheBusStop is no go either.

Anyone know where I can get new arms for a 75 Aussie built Bay
    They rest pointing towards Left and wipe left to right (sitting in drivers seat)

2. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

Wipers are over rated Nath.

I could give you mine as it never rains here to use them :umm:

3. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Rainex - no wipers required !! Cheers, mark

4. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Heard much about Rainex, but never tried the stuff.

So question, (looking at my bugsplatted windscreen at the mo), if it had the rainex treatment, would the bugs be there?

And if so, when visibility is so poor, that you just have to scrape and clean the bugs off, do you need to re apply the rainex?:rolleyes:

5. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Grant, rainex is a brilliant product....sort of like a sealer/polish for glass. Water instantly beads & runs off. - re the bug splatters, the guts won't stick as hard...wash 'em off at the time & you won't be scraping anything.
    Lasts about 6-8months per application & takes about 10-15min to do a windscreen depending on how pedantic you are.....( it'll take 15 min ....:lol: ) Try it , you'll like it . Cheers, Mark

6. grumble

grumble Well-Known Member

Hi Nath are they the trico type blade? I am sure that I have a set of each type of arm, Bosch type with the hook for 73 and the Trico type for the L/H park on the later models.I will have a look in between showers.Les

7. grumble

Nat i found the 3 R/h park for the 73,the others are in the shed behind the Ghia which doesn't go out in the rain:lol:I will let you know.Les

8. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Les they are the later Trico types. If you have a set and they are straighter than mine I am keen Thanks

I have used Rainex and Rain Vision both work well, wipers do work ok in the wet but its the in between that bothers me, when washing the glass with squirters they don't remove the water and washer additive properly and leave streaks that can be distracting. Probably being fussy.

9. grumble

Still ratting for them,I know they are there but the little buggers are hiding behind something:confused: hopefully I find them before it stops raining.cheers Les

10. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

........Yep........:lol:

11. 77bay

77bay Active Member

Bought a set then took them to the local engineering place where they bent them to the right side for $20.

12. Grantus

Maybe go and check in that boogie man's shed? - he seems to have quite a bit of your stuff! :lol:

13. grumble

Grant I think the "boogie man"' has fitted the new ones to his kombi but not to worry Bernie I found the used pair off the camper with the blades,Bernie if you want to try these give me a pm or call on 0408 025 845. Cheers Les (I have hidden them so the "boogie man"doesn't get them too although he is not as prevalent in daylight saving):lol:

14. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Still on the hunt so if the old ones are straight and true i'd be keen

15. grumble

Bernie if you want to give these a go let me know by pm, the blades need new inserts but the arms look pretty good except for a couple of little corrosion spots.

16. Grantus

Bernie "Saabman", or Nathan "Dubman68"????:rolleyes:

17. Nigel

Nigel Member

Australian RHD windscreen-wiper arms

Here's something from Just Kampers, which might interest you folks, in both Great Britain and Australia, with Australian built, "bay-window" VW Type 2s, with RHD front windscreen wipers:

Windscreen Wiper Arm for VW T2 Bay Pair (Fits Australian Built Vans Only) - JK Part Number: J29123 -£24.99

http://www.justkampers.com.au/vw-t2...bay-pair-fits-australian-built-vans-only.html

http://www.justkampers.com/vw-t2-ba...bay-pair-fits-australian-built-vans-only.html

« These wiper arms fit the Australia built vans only as they go the opposite way to German built vans »

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  18. 1500king

1500king Well-Known Member

Nigel, some Australian vans also have the left sweeping arms...

19. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

And, of course, German built vans 77 on had right sweepers here as well. Pre-74 Australian built vans having left sweepers as mentioned above.

The "Australian built" description in the JK ad is at best confusing. I presume, since even their Australian site is heavily dependent on their UK site, it is using the term to loosely describe all those 74 on bays shipped from here to the UK - some of which were German built. I suspect those JK wipers will fit 74 on vans built in, or officially imported into, Australia.

But I digress. I have never had to replace a set of wipers arms...

20. bagman

bagman Well-Known Member

...and we think we have problems
    [​IMG]