1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiseman's Ferry

Discussion in 'NSW' started by bill, Nov 20, 2007.

1. bill

bill New Member

I spent a few days away recently and went to Wiseman's Ferry out of interest. As it turned out I wasn't too keen on the several caravan parks lining the river bank of Wiseman's Ferry itself, they just seemed a bit squishy along with the stinking hot day I chose to drive there.

On the way back (about 2km south of the ferry) is Rosedale, a camping/caravan park set on a few acres with a long river frontage. It looks like its set up for mostly weekenders and holidays, with a boat ramp as well. I was there during the week and had the entire place to myself. I had the feeling it may fill up on weekends.

Very nice grassy absolute riverfront camping, $15/$17.50 per night, with the mountain range across the river thrown in for free! Even the scorching hot weather was eased by a pleasant constant breeze off the river. Sensational.

About 50km south of Newcastle, take the exit for Central Coast, turn right at wiseman's Ferry sign at the bottom of the hill. (You can go left here for the Central Coast). Follow your nose and signs for 60km, if you get to the ferry you've gone too far. Go back, Rosedale will be on your right about 2km back south.

The ferry is free to go to Wiseman's Ferry for supplies - servo, pub, bowlo, supermarket, golf course etc. Noice.

2. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

I know it well we used to have a caravan permanently set up and came every second weekend to water ski. It was a beautiful spot except for the line up on Friday afternoon trying to get on the ferry. Brings back lots of fun memories thanks for sharing.
    Michelle

3. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Gawd - haven't been to Wisemans for at least 30 years - like Mish brings back memories of which some I'd prefer not to have remembered :)

4. JEFFRO74CAMPER

JEFFRO74CAMPER New Member

Love wisemans ferry:D , 2,3 or 4 wheels.........St Albans is a little nicer/quieter....a little dirt on the North? side.

From the "pub" side/Webbs Creek Ferry its all new scenic & lovely tar........Kombi Country:heart:

5. JEFFRO74CAMPER

JEFFRO74CAMPER New Member

pretty sure there's camping available across from the pub at st albans............would make a great kombi gathering(unpowered though)............rooms/cottages available at st albans pub.
    Will do some off season "recon" with thye missus & princess.

6. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

we've actually had a meet at the wiseman ferry pub before. We should get back there again.

7. bluetounge

bluetounge New Member

Do you know the name of the site?

Cheers
    Ed.