1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woodford Report 07/08

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by douggieboy, Jan 2, 2008.

1. douggieboy

douggieboy Active Member

Yes, it was raining, muddy and windy but the music was excellent as usual. Check out French band Babylon Circus if you can.

Nice to see Jules and Dave and Gunter up there.

The exit convoy grew 100% on last years effort and I got to meet Adrian, Martin, Lindsay and a few others. Please add your own comments if you get the chance, guys. In all, I counted about 35 kombis in the season camping area and there were more in overnight camping.

There were a total of 6 Kombis leaving in convoy - some went North and some South. Here are the photos:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. douggieboy

douggieboy Active Member

more photos

These are all Dale's photos, by the way
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  3. Kombigal

Kombigal Member

The full Woodford experience

Hey Doug and Dale,

It was great to catch up with you there but I only lasted one day and night. The mud, rain and toilet line ups got the better of my Yuppie sister. It was awesome though. The rain held off for Friday night Cat Empire and it was all worht it just for that and My Friend the Chocolate Cake and the Counterfeit Gypsies.

Got bogged on the way out (of course) but didn't take long for someone to help push us out.

Will take gumboots next time and get there a bit earlier to get a good spot.

I heard they lost power on New Years and the bands couldn't play.

Jules

4. douggieboy

douggieboy Active Member

new years eve power

A transformer blew up and the power went out to the Chai Tent, Blues & Roots and the Troubador - everything down the bottom end, shops and food stalls, too.

The rest of the site was okay. We sang ABBA songs at the Concert stage and then went to a Beatles singalong in the Duck & Shovel to see in the New Year. A few late nights but we're okay.

Tanya from Ocean Shores was there too but we didn't find her.

Next time!

Cheers

Doug

5. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Great "report" guys - this is the place we intend to be for next year's holiday. Will definitely pack my gumboots. Is it very kiddie friendly? I've heard that it is, but is it a case of one adult doing Kiddie things, and the other listening to music, or are they all herded into one big Kiddie Moshpit? :)

My Friend the Chocolate Cake would have been superb - I used to see them regularly when we lived in Sydney in the 90s.

6. douggieboy

douggieboy Active Member

K1 at Woodford

I'm sure next year will be fine and probably hot.
    There is a whole separate childrens festival - remind me to bring the last few years programmes for you to have a look, next time we catch up (Dubs by the Pub? - we won't be at the drive-in unfortunately due to prior commitments).
    Next year Glenn might even be fire-twirling again!!

The blue and white job with the caravan had travelled from Cairns

Doug

7. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Cool - Dubs by the Pub definitely. :) I meant to say in my earlier post how cool I thought that caravan looked!

8. glow-monkey

glow-monkey Active Member

[/QUOTE]Next year Glenn might even be fire-twirling again!!
    [/QUOTE]

Yeah, I will most probably be up there next year, if my friends have their way.

I suppose making a stance for alomst ten yrs showed how strongly i felt. i still think it is too commercial now, was much better when it was Maleny Folk festival. But oh well guess i cant honestly say that if i have never gone since they moved.