1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wyangala Waters & Wee Jasper Reserves

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Terrordales, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

I'm looking at a couple of places for a midweek getaway for a few days, now that the weather is cooling down.
    Both of these places are listed as pet friendly so I'll be able to take the Terrordales with me. I know both can be very cold in winter but that shouldn't be a problem as long as I take my snow gear with me.
    The question is; has anyone been to either of these places recently?
    I haven't been to Wee Jasper for a long time & it's been a few years since I was last up Wyangala way.
    Any help is much appreciated.

2. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

Was out at Billy Graces Reserve, just out of Wee Jasper, last weekend. It is dog friendly if the dog is on a leash. The cost is $7.50 per night but is worth it as it does have hot showers etc. I think some sites may be powered but at an extra cost. There are a few places further out without showers, Swinging Bridge and Micalong Creek. Both allow dogs on leashes. I prefer Micalong Creek. It has septic toilets as well as some pit toilets. All sites can get rather busy over long weekends so it may be worthwhile giving the ranger at Wee Jasper (Billy Graces Reserve) a call.

3. Terrordales

Looks good on the website, it's quite amazing how cheap the camping is. I'll definitely be a midweek visitor as the weekend is my busy time at work.
    Thanks for the info.:)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  4. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

5. Terrordales

Thank you, looks like a great spot. I imagine it should be fairly quiet for a midweek break which is just what I'll need after the school holidays.