1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamba, Clarence River

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Baldwithabeard, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Baldwithabeard

Baldwithabeard Active Member

We journeyed a little further south than we normally do for a long weekend away from Brisbane, approx 320km south to Yamba on the Clarence River.
    There are a number of campsites to suit all types of travellers, we stayed at the Blue Dolphin resort which is in a waterfront position...pretty near the Marina.
    Facilities were very good, great pools/waterslides with a movie night for the kids etc.
    Its a good area to explore, with shops and restaurants to entertain most budgets...the pub is on the hill overlooking the beach...
    Plenty of reasonably priced boat hire available too...we paid $60 for 3 hours and had great day. We had a relaxing break and enjoyed the fishing, mainly Bream and Rays...but plenty of them...

In summary...a very nice spot indeed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Baldwithabeard

Baldwithabeard Active Member

3. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Nice photos Baldy looks like a special spot...aahhh school holidays and road trips with the family=GREAT FUN!!!
    The kids obviously had a ball,have they been fishing before or are these their first ever catches?
    Steve.

4. KanadaKombi

KanadaKombi New Member

Have to agree with the magic of this spot.
    We camped at Lake Arragan National park, near broom's head recently and spent a day in Yamba and a day at Angourie - fantastic and not crazy busy!!

5. vwmad

vwmad New Member

We go to the other side of the river to a place called Iluka every christmas,will be there after christmas this year its a great place to stay not as populated as Yamba,just the way i like it cheers shane.

6. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Yep Yamba is becoming the place to go...
    Nice motels have been built there over the last 2yrs...former boss was down there being a temporary hotel manager for a while there....very nice.
    Hope you enjoyed your holiday...& Happy Christmas Baldy
    Judy :)

7. Resol

Resol Active Member

Yours kids look like season Pro's with the fishing m8
    Some nice catches and the spot looks good to.....
    Im yet to go to Yamba...might wait til Chubby is ready.

8. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

I'm going to book 2 weeks down there next January. It's very popular with loads of people I know in Brisvegas - not too far to go, and just gorgeous.

9. Zombi

Zombi Active Member

If Yamba is growing more and more does that mean that anga's is getting more and more crowded these days?
    mmmm right handers with many options mmmmmm.
    I think I need a surf, pity it's only 2000 to the closest waves.
    I love Yamba fresh prawns and seafood.
    Glad others are enjoying the area too.

jono

10. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Good to hear you've layed back Baldy

11. old bugger

old bugger Member

crowd

yeah zombi, anga is pretty full these days(have many mates there) doesn't mean you can't have fun though

12. petegardem

petegardem Member

Too right Zombi ,
    Anga is like any other well known surf spot in holiday times , but still has its moments when you can be lucky to have it with your mates . when its working well and crowded there are still plenty of other less known spots you can have to yourself. I live just down the road from lake arragan and even with chrissy hols comin up can still find some breaks with no one out:D :p