1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yippee im on the KC. Now i need some wheels...

Discussion in 'New Members' started by sonya Joy, Nov 13, 2019.

1. gazman

gazman Well-Known Member

Roadkill for lunch?^^

2. tillis

tillis Well-Known Member

Sonya has made a good choice to keep earning the dollars...however My offer was to bring my wealth of experience and toolkit...I have done uncountable miles around and across our great country and never failed to get there...I'm with Nozza!
    Good luck with your kombi Sonya...have it ready for Nimbin one of the best kombvoys you can do!

tintop likes this.
  3. sonya Joy

sonya Joy Member

Cant Wait!!!!

Barry likes this.
  4. sonya Joy

sonya Joy Member

Well toll transport whose vehicle transport Dept comes under the name prixcar emailed a quote for $1800 in an open carrier. I applied online and had to put in year of car. When I called them they then said no they don't carry cars pre 1985 unless in an enclosed truck with a cost of $4700. Wtf? Seriously? Does everyone agree that's over the top!!!

National car removals (which are apparently a broker) are the only ones I have found that were prepared to put in writing that they will transport with vehicle facing forward so I guess that's my best bet? Reasonable approx $1300 Depot to depot. (CEVA just said we can't confirm that ask driver on the day. There's going to be lotsa drivers?? )

Provided I ask seller to strap roof down as Col suggested am I likely to get my kombi safe and sound unscathed? What ya think?

I also got a quote closed in transport from Alan's unique car carriers again high $4k.

I'm waiting on closed in quote from national car removals... But I'm not feeling too hopeful

5. sonya Joy

sonya Joy Member

Good idea if wasn't quite sooooo far

6. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

The $4k quotes are plain ripoff in my view.
    For luxury cars.
    Most cars come thru ok so just have to do best homework then hope.

As long as roof securely strapped and full cover insurance from Shannon's you should be covered as best as can be expected as long as minimum of negative feedback on whoever you choose.

Maybe run it past Shannon's and RACQ for preferred carriers. ?

7. sonya Joy

sonya Joy Member

Thanks heaps. I've just organised closed in premium shipping with ceva for just over $2k. Thank God! I gave up on them last week as couldn't understand them but just spent an hour on phone and it's done. Yay

oldman, melissa, Barry and 7 others like this.
  8. sonya Joy

sonya Joy Member

She's loaded on route! 16 more sleeps!!

TeeBee, tintop, melissa and 1 other person like this.
  9. sonya Joy

sonya Joy Member

Good morning! I'd be lost without you all! So wondering if anyone knows how I go about registering a van from wa in qld. I'm assuming there's more to it than just going to qld transport. The seller has said that he lodged wa change of ownership forms in wa yesty and was told he was supposed to take plates off and might get fined? I don't get it? Van registered til June 2020. I'm confused... Van must still be legal to drive in qld on wa plates yea?

10. tillis

tillis Well-Known Member

If owner was to cancel rego he would need to hand plates in but i dont know what he's up to....but more importantly register now for rehearsals as a "Gunja Faerie" in the street parade at Nimbin "Mardi Grass" after our convoy through the main street...

WP_20190505_008.jpg

11. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

As you know every states requirements are different.What I thing has happened is when the previous owner has put the paper work in to the road authority's in WA he/she is deregistering the vehicle in WA as it is being or will be transferred to you,which is of another state.So as this happened they require the plates to be handed in as they deregister the vehicle. Haven't seen a photo of the car to know if any modifications have been done to whether it needs engineering in QLD. Once the car is home ,best bet is go see some one that does rego checks to see what is or might be required to get it registered in QLD. In NSW you would need a Blue slip so what the equivalent of that form is in QLD I don't know. I'm sure some one from KC from QLD will enlighten you further.

12. sonya Joy

sonya Joy Member

"Gunja Faeries" Cool!

13. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

The vehicle was advertised/sold registered.
    You need it registered to be able to drive it around to complete checks and certification in Qld.
    Inspection requirements are harder on an unregistered vehicle.
    The registration gets cancelled when you change rego in Qld and plates sent back at that point.
    Technically you have 2 weeks ( need to check) to effect transfer but I have never had an issue being overtime slightly.
    You cannot do transfer in that timeframe anyway due to transport time plus certification requirements and Xmas closures.

Check with the salvage mob doing your roadworthy etc about registration timeframe under the circumstances.

sonya Joy likes this.
  14. gazman

gazman Well-Known Member

WA vehicle transfer is pretty straight forward - you can do it online, just put in the new owners DL. No need to hand plates in unless he's trying to get a refund on rego?

sonya Joy likes this.
  15. sonya Joy

sonya Joy Member

I keep checking Ceva tracking online (only couple times a day lol) and its still (YTB) yet to be moved. Crikes!

TeeBee likes this.
  16. tillis

tillis Well-Known Member

Patience Sonya...now you are a kombi owner is a good time to learn 'kombi time'...heheh everything takes longer...the journey not the destination....blah blah...

TeeBee, Wayne murray and Grantus like this.
  17. sonya Joy

sonya Joy Member

Ohhhh I like the sound of that "now you are a kombi owner" ♥️

18. sonya Joy

sonya Joy Member

Hey guys is the bus stop a shop or just an online thing? Is it best place buy roof racks bullbar etc? Is that the blokes that run this? Excuse my ignorance

19. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

OMG
    Bling already.
    I suppose it will be wrapped and placed under the Xmas tree with kombis name tags.:D

Wayne murray and sonya Joy like this.
  20. sonya Joy

sonya Joy Member

Haha yep I'm upset she's spending her first Chrissy on a truck feeling like an orphan

David H likes this.